Sign in to follow this  
LordsofMedieval

[moc] Schools Class 4-4-0 'Repton'

It's a good looking model but why are the wheels on the front truck mounted backwards?

2 hours ago, Karle said:

It's a good looking model but why are the wheels on the front truck mounted backwards?

Just to simulate the size of custome wheels.

Ah this looks amazing! Nice part usage for the smoke deflectors. 8 wide British engines are beautifully detailed (same goes for your B1!)

2 hours ago, samsz_3 said:

Ah this looks amazing! Nice part usage for the smoke deflectors. 8 wide British engines are beautifully detailed (same goes for your B1!)

Thanks. I really went back and forth on how to accomplish the smoke deflectors. Ultimately, it's one of those things that I think is always going to result in compromise - you can either get the shaping of the deflectors proper, and then they wind up too thick... or you can make them really thin, but the wrong shape (or, I suppose, you could use glue). I went with slender over shape, mostly out of necessity (there's not a lot of space to worth with under smokebox). 

Edited by LordsofMedieval

On 6/12/2023 at 7:04 AM, zephyr1934 said:

Great build

On 6/12/2023 at 9:59 AM, Darkkostas25 said:

Nice Model! Cool parts usage! Neat detailing and accomplishment of complex shapes of cabin 

On 6/3/2023 at 11:38 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wonderful steam locomotive! :wub:

I like the wheel arrangement of both the locomotive and the three-axle tender! :thumbup:

Thanks.

I actually completely rebuilt it tonight. I was unsatisfied with the positioning and the size of the cab originally. Although it featured that nice, graceful upslope, it was too large and slightly too far forward to match the real thing (which is puny even in real life; I'm pretty sure the engineer actually spends most of his time on the plate between the engine and tender). While this might not look like a huge difference, achieving it required breaking the locomotive down to the wheels and offsetting everything by 1/2 stud. 

lGEoGjg.png

Edited by LordsofMedieval

58 minutes ago, LordsofMedieval said:

Thanks.

I actually completely rebuilt it tonight. I was unsatisfied with the positioning and the size of the cab originally. Although it featured that nice, graceful upslope, it was too large and slightly too far forward to match the real thing (which is puny even in real life; I'm pretty sure the engineer actually spends most of his time on the plate between the engine and tender). While this might not look like a huge difference, achieving it required breaking the locomotive down to the wheels and offsetting everything by 1/2 stud. 

lGEoGjg.png

Nice! Your use and other wheels, now it looks even better!