MaximillianRebo

[MOC] R-41 Starchaser

The appearance of the Pirate Snub Fighter in the Mandalorian and it's accompanying Lego set didn't turn out to be based on the R-41 Starchaser as some had hoped. This gave me enough motivation to finish off my own version of the ship, based here on its appearance in the video game Mysteries of the Sith (276 pieces in total). All I'm missing is a Mara Jade figure to pilot the ship ...

R-41 Starchaser

R-41 Starchaser

R-41 Starchaser

R-41 Starchaser

Instructions can be downloaded here: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-149145/MaximillianBricks/r-41-starchaser/#details

Edited by MaximillianRebo

That's very nice, well done!

Is the R-41 canon now? I don't remember seeing it for ages. The Pirate Snub Fighter also reminded me of it.

On 5/20/2023 at 1:09 PM, Tambor said:

That's very nice, well done!

Is the R-41 canon now? I don't remember seeing it for ages. The Pirate Snub Fighter also reminded me of it.

It appears not (not that I've ever let that hold me back. IMO, old canon was a heck of a lot better than Disney canon). And a lot of the shaping from the Starchaser was lifted for this bulkier craft, which is apparently called 'Blue Ace:'

You do justice to that small fighter from the Legends. Your model has the right proportions and scale. Some details could be improved but as you offer the instructions for free, I believe your model ticks all the right boxes.

Kudos.

Thank you everyone for your comments!

@Professor Thaum As someone who grew up with Classic Space it seemed the natural choice in this situation :grin:

@Veynom Thank you for your comment about the scale. Part of me thinks I've made the ship a bit too small - like a lot of Legends craft there is varying information on the overall size depending on where you look. In the end I tried to create something that scaled well with a four-wide cockpit and getting the right angles in the nose section.

On 5/20/2023 at 10:13 AM, MaximillianRebo said:

The appearance of the Pirate Snub Fighter in the Mandalorian and it's accompanying Lego set didn't turn out to be based on the R-41 Starchaser as some had hoped. This gave me enough motivation to finish off my own version of the ship, based here on its appearance in the video game Mysteries of the Sith (276 pieces in total). All I'm missing is a Mara Jade figure to pilot the ship ...

R-41 Starchaser

R-41 Starchaser

R-41 Starchaser

R-41 Starchaser

Instructions can be downloaded here: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-149145/MaximillianBricks/r-41-starchaser/#details

Love the orange and white livery matching the Rebel pilot flight jacket

On 5/21/2023 at 6:34 PM, LordsofMedieval said:

It appears not (not that I've ever let that hold me back. IMO, old canon was a heck of a lot better than Disney canon). And a lot of the shaping from the Starchaser was lifted for this bulkier craft, which is apparently called 'Blue Ace:'

It's a real shame we never got a good batch of Lego sets for the Aces ships from Resistance - somehow they picked Black Ace and Major Vonreg's Tie, which were like the two ugliest ships in the show!

I keep going back to this topic somehow. This ship is giving me an amount of Star Wars vibes that I haven't felt since...