Joellie YT

[MOC] HMS Aurelian

On 5/26/2023 at 5:33 AM, Joellie YT said:

fair enough! the perspective looks a little off indeed haha, they're two of those pieces connected together by the way, so that might be the reason why it's looking a little large ^^ 

I saw there were two together - I think it was more the foreshortening due to perspective that threw me off.

The blog post is almost ready!

On 5/19/2023 at 7:50 PM, Joellie YT said:

here's the final picture, a full overview of the ship! the sails are made with a ticker, off-white cream colored paper ^^

I was going to ask more about the sails and then I found this on Reddit:

thank you so so much! i used regular A4 papers as a trail version to measure and draw the right distances between the holes and to work out the shapes. i then bought some fancy looking off-white, thick textured paper and traced the mockup sails on it, cut it out and punched some holes with one of those hole punchers. oohh yeah and then i used some black marker for the outlining of the sails, voila !

But are there any photos of the sails being made?

22 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

The blog post is almost ready!

I was going to ask more about the sails and then I found this on Reddit:

thank you so so much! i used regular A4 papers as a trail version to measure and draw the right distances between the holes and to work out the shapes. i then bought some fancy looking off-white, thick textured paper and traced the mockup sails on it, cut it out and punched some holes with one of those hole punchers. oohh yeah and then i used some black marker for the outlining of the sails, voila !

But are there any photos of the sails being made?

thanks a lot for all the effort :D

i've looked around but sadly i can't find any pictures of the proces :( 

11 hours ago, Joellie YT said:

i've looked around but sadly i can't find any pictures of the proces :( 

Thanks for looking, Joellie!

Who be this fancy-looking minifig on the upper deck?

image.png

4 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Thanks for looking, Joellie!

Who be this fancy-looking minifig on the upper deck?

image.png

of course, more than happy to provide any info you want :D

he was originally the admiral of my British ships, but im thinking of promoting him to governor of a small colony im working on, since his outfit seems to suit that role more! i sadly haven't thought of a name for him though, any suggestions are welcome ^^

Edited by Joellie YT

heyy mister phes! i've checked out the blog post and it is fantastic! thank you so so much for all the effort, really loved the inclusion of all the information on Aurelian too, that was such a neat inclusion! absolutely loved reading it all, great work :D

2 hours ago, Joellie YT said:

heyy mister phes! i've checked out the blog post and it is fantastic! thank you so so much for all the effort, really loved the inclusion of all the information on Aurelian too, that was such a neat inclusion! absolutely loved reading it all, great work :D

Thank you kindly, Joellie!

May you build many more great ships in the future - working on anything new at the moment?

8 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Thank you kindly, Joellie!

May you build many more great ships in the future - working on anything new at the moment?

thanks, i definitely will! and yes actually! i got a small 'renegade runner' hull in and i'm trying to make something out of that. i'm racking my brain over the colors and i'm struggling to find a good combination. there's not too much inspiration for hulls like that that i could find, but hopefully it will turn out okay 

Hi, I like the combination of colours, they are very eye-catching. Don't you think the lower deck is a little bit too small to fit minifigures inside, I would have put it at 4 bricks high at least. Also, do you think there is enough space between the cannons for your crew to handle them? These are my reservations regarding the overall layout of the ship.