Sign in to follow this  
Justsomebrix

[COR- Bastion of the East] Residence, Queenston

Like most settlers, the old scientist had moved into one of Queenstons many three stories townhouses. Every morning he would take his cane and go for strolls around the edge of town, observing and taking note of all the exotic lifeforms he could find. After a couple weeks, his neighbour had taken notice of the old man. And one day, as the scientist returned home, the young man intercepted him in the hallway and begged the man to teach him. After a good amount of convincing, the old man agreed to take him on as his assistant. Now that they're two, he may finally be able to venture deeper into the jungle. But first, the young man must learn the basics.

Colonial residence

---

This building is very much inspired by @Ayrlego's fantastic previous builds in Queenston.

Will be licenced by the Crown (@Ayrlego) as a small residence in Queenston, completing GoC Bastion of the East task 1

Edited by Justsomebrix

Nice job! Definitely a :thumbup: for GoC from me. I like the variety of townsfolk pictured here.

These are nitpicky, but two things that stand out to me as less polished are 1) the two reddish brown tiles at the bottom of the perpendicular roof sections don't go out the same amount and 2) I can see the white/green bricks through the corner timberframe, which reduces the believability factor.

Overall, nice build!

Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, evancelt said:

These are nitpicky, but two things that stand out to me as less polished are 1) the two reddish brown tiles at the bottom of the perpendicular roof sections don't go out the same amount and 2) I can see the white/green bricks through the corner timberframe, which reduces the believability factor.

I agree, the whole process of building the roof was quite difficult mainly because of my limited piece selection. I could'nt find any usable hinge pieces so I'm afraid the roof isn't attached in any way, it merely sits on top of the build making it quite imperfect.

Regarding the different colours visible through the frame annoyed me so much ! I was hoping that the frame would hide it as I did not expect there to be a little gap between them :pir-murder: I didn't want to spend any money on this moc so I crossed my fingers hoping it might only be noticable if you already knew they were there*huh*

I like it a lot! Especially the small story which makes it a little bit more interesting imo. The tree is simple but elegant.

Lovely build! It definitely looks like Ayrlego's one. But still good one! I especially like the color scheme with sand green, white and reddish brown (and tan and dark tan details). 

16 hours ago, Justsomebrix said:

Thank you very much!

I agree, the whole process of building the roof was quite difficult mainly because of my limited piece selection. I could'nt find any usable hinge pieces so I'm afraid the roof isn't attached in any way, it merely sits on top of the build making it quite imperfect.

Regarding the different colours visible through the frame annoyed me so much ! I was hoping that the frame would hide it as I did not expect there to be a little gap between them :pir-murder: I didn't want to spend any money on this moc so I crossed my fingers hoping it might only be noticable if you already knew they were there*huh*

No worries - It's a great build :) With those bricks showing through on the corner, you could photoshop them to be brown :D Movie magic

Beautiful building with great colors. I really like the windows with the wooden frame. The residents fit very well with the settlement. The treasure chest on the roof is fun, hope nobody steals it.