Trainanatic

WAGR W Class MOC

I started to design my own WAGR W class MOC, although still have lots to do like the tender and finish the connecting rods, it is looking nice so far!

347549786_555086386700409_596424620160721547_n.jpg

First of all, welcome to Eurobricks @Trainanatic! Second, welcome to Train Tech! Be sure to introduce yourself in the registry here in Train tech and make a 'hello' thread in the new member area of EB!

Now, onto the MOC!

You've done a splendid job in a not-so-easy color to work with, though some of the parts might be hard to find in those colors / types. For example, the green macaroni bricks I assume you've used for the boiler are extremely hard to find, with only two coming from a single set from over 20 years ago, and so they will not be available in the quantity you need... at least, not at sane prices! Besides that, it looks very nice shape-wise, but I will also warn you the driving wheels don't appear (I could be wrong, it could just be the angle) to be level with the 'floor' of the program... they will not touch the track if built in real life.

Side note: EB doesn't host pictures except for avatars. You'll need Bricksafe, Flickr, or some other hosting site to link them into your post. @JopieK can give you more info on anything I forgot to say about that. (He's the train tech moderator)

Good luck on your building journey!

Edited by Murdoch17

8 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

You've done a splendid job in a not-so-easy color to work with, though some of the parts might be hard to find in those colors / types. For example, the green macaroni bricks I assume you've used for the boiler are extremely hard to find, with only two coming from a single set from over 20 years ago, and so they will not be available in the quantity you need... at least, not at sane prices! Besides that, it looks very nice shape-wise, but I will also warn you the driving wheels don't appear (I could be wrong, it could just be the angle) to be level with the 'floor' of the program... they will not touch the track if built in real life.

Thanks for that, i actually haven't used any Macaroni Bricks for the boiler. they are mainly just round plates. as for the wheels i am still trying to figure out the best way to do everything considering this is my first one. the flanged wheels do touch the bottom of the floor.as for the Un flanged wheels i was not planning for them to touch the track. i was just hoping the connecting rods would turn those wheels around.

As for the photos i have been posting updates on a discord server i created also facebook page. but yeah i am still all new to this lol.

1 hour ago, Trainanatic said:

Thanks for that, i actually haven't used any Macaroni Bricks for the boiler. they are mainly just round plates. as for the wheels i am still trying to figure out the best way to do everything considering this is my first one. the flanged wheels do touch the bottom of the floor.as for the Un flanged wheels i was not planning for them to touch the track. i was just hoping the connecting rods would turn those wheels around.

As for the photos i have been posting updates on a discord server i created also facebook page. but yeah i am still all new to this lol.

Ok. Sounds good to me! It should work fine then. I will warn you though, the 4x4 round bricks with technic hole you are using are also going to give you grief...

But it's a nice model regardless!

Update:

I hope i am doing this right lol.
Added a tender, yet to add the wheels yet tho. connecting rods are kinda done just need to do the cylinders. redesigned the Cab too.

347819909_1433304984099299_8184249604887769156_n.jpg