n1majneb

[M4-23 - Imperial Ship] The F-DX Courier shuttle

Introducing the Imperial F-DX Courier Shuttle, designed to provide necessary cargo and supplies to the front line troops.
A co-production between Cygnus and Sienar, this lightly armed but well armoured and shielded shuttle is capable of withstanding heavy fire in contested arena's.

F_DX_Scene1

I had a lot of fun putting this build together. The challenge was to build a fully studless ship with some challenging techniques. The angled pods to the sides which house the engines achieve the angles through mixel joints and minifig stands to brace.
The cockpit is accessible both by opening the cockpit or by a door underneath the cockpit. In world a door at the rear of the cockpit allows access to a small internal space for pilot's quarters on long missions.
To keep the Imperial aesthetic i've opted for a simple LBG colour scheme with a DBG flourish.

Additional images below to examine the build, let me know what you think!

F-DX Courier ship Turnaround

-

F-DX Courier No Box

I really like the concept. Cool to see the cargo pod both attached and detached.

This is a really cool design, fantastic concept which is well executed. I especially like the use of the spring loaded shooter as a decorative element! Best of luck in the contest.

On 5/14/2023 at 12:20 PM, MKJoshA said:

I really like the concept. Cool to see the cargo pod both attached and detached.

You got to add those play features where you can Josh, 

1 hour ago, Crazy bricks said:

This is a really cool design, fantastic concept which is well executed. I especially like the use of the spring loaded shooter as a decorative element! Best of luck in the contest.

Thanks - I'm glad it is well received. Something new whilst sticking to those Imperial aesthetics

Nice build! I really like the shaping of the hull in general, and the upper hull in particular. For some reason, the ship kind of makes me think of a cross between a Nu or Rho and a Sheathipede, which is an interesting concept.

On 6/6/2023 at 5:18 PM, CommanderJonny1 said:

Nice build! I really like the shaping of the hull in general, and the upper hull in particular. For some reason, the ship kind of makes me think of a cross between a Nu or Rho and a Sheathipede, which is an interesting concept.

Thanks, in those sidepods theres a healthy amount of mixel joints to get the pods the right angle and to turn the studs upside down for the base of the pods, 
I knew the design I wanted in my head so needed to get the shape just so.
Theres a lot of inventive angles hidden by that grey!