Mandalorianknight

[M4-23 - Minifigure Habitat] – Mandalorian War Games

Here's my first (of many, I've got 3 ideas for the minifigure habitat alone, not to mention the others) submission for the M4-23 contest, the Mandalorian War Games!
IMG-1052.jpg

Here the mandalorians train in the caverns of their homeworld. The baseplate is almost exactly 16x16, just rounded slightly at the edges, with the Whistling Birds mandalorian at about 14 studs of height.

IMG-1054.jpg

Here's a more head-on view. You can note that each of the 7 mandalorians uses a different mandalorian weapon/gadget. L-R, we have: Jetpack Missile, Flamethrower, Blaster, Shield, Vibroblade, Whistling Birds, Grapple Cord.

IMG-1057.jpg

And here are our first 4 figures. They aren't canon or anyone named, so I thought I'd make up some information. From L-R:

Rav Vesik: A mandalorian eking out a living as a bounty hunter who returned to mandalore after the events of mando S3. He has scavenged armor and a helmet taken from a killed supercommando.

Lii Korus: A survivor from one of mandalore's moons, who was only a young girl during the Night of a Thousand Tears. She wears the armor of her mother.

Carth Neson: A soldier from another of mandalore's moons. His armor was recently reforged by a mandalorian armorer, and is mostly still the gunmetal of pure beskar.

Kestral Garn: A gunslinger and thief cautiously returning to mandalore. His only remaining armor is his chestplate and helmet, though he's proud of his armorweave cape.

IMG-1056.jpg

And a couple more, still L-R:
Ves Ladji: A fanatically loyal mandalorian since the days of Death Watch, here from Axe Woves's group, and still wearing his original armor.

Forn Xaren: Another of Woves's group, Xaren wears what remains of his original armor.

Peyt Sturik: One of the few mandalorians who remained on the planet after the purge. A hunter, Sturik carries a rifle and vibroblade alongside her scavenged- but pure- armor. Beskar is one resource mandalore has plenty of.

IMG-1058.jpg

And here's a quick view of the habitat itself with the figures removed. You can see the rocky terrain, a pool of murky water, and crystalline green material created by the fusion rays that scoured the planet. The base has the Mythosaur insignia and some beskar ingots on each side.

love the scene with the different posed figures!

Are they existing Mando characters or you created their names?

12 minutes ago, Wurger49 said:

love the scene with the different posed figures!

Are they existing Mando characters or you created their names?

Thank you! 

They are completely made-up, I just felt like going "here are 7 generic mandalorians" was a little light on info, so I gave them star wars-y names and backstories to fit them into mandalore post- Mando S3.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Thank you! 

They are completely made-up, I just felt like going "here are 7 generic mandalorians" was a little light on info, so I gave them star wars-y names and backstories to fit them into mandalore post- Mando S3.

haha, they are definitely star wars-y names. 

There is so much action going on here, I love it! Really creative ways to get different kinds of motion with the rocket, whistling birds, and rope.

You probably couldn't make that more kinetic if you tried! That looks amazing, lots of action in a very small space!!

10 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

There is so much action going on here, I love it! Really creative ways to get different kinds of motion with the rocket, whistling birds, and rope.

Thank you! The Whistling Birds were the first part of the moc I designed, I was thinking we could get them built up.

9 hours ago, Crazy bricks said:

You probably couldn't make that more kinetic if you tried! That looks amazing, lots of action in a very small space!!

Thank you! That was the goal, to get as much dynamic posing out of a 16x16 space as possible!

you almost need a small 360 degree .gif, so much going on, the habitat with the figures removed is really nice, not much to work with. :classic:

14 minutes ago, Jody Meyer said:

you almost need a small 360 degree .gif, so much going on, the habitat with the figures removed is really nice, not much to work with. :classic:

Thank you! That would have been a good idea, sadly this was scrapped to obtain parts for later entries.

On 6/7/2023 at 3:13 PM, n1majneb said:

Those whistling birds! Really captures the chaos of battle

Thank you! That's how the whole moc started, as a matter of fact! 

1 hour ago, FinnMargarot said:

Oh, that's really cool. I love Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game - it's a strategic tabletop game focused on space battles between starfighters. Although it covers the entire 'Star Wars' universe, you can build your own squadron, including ships and characters from 'The Mandalorian.' Your post reminded me of this game. I really enjoy both gambling games and tabletop games related to 'Star Wars.' I also really want to try playing Star Wars: Legion. If anyone has played it, let me know. It's a tactical tabletop game where you command an army of miniature soldiers, vehicles, and characters from the 'Star Wars' universe. The game includes expansions with characters and units related to 'The Mandalorian'.

I haven't played Legions myself. But I was really into X-Wing before Covid shut my gaming group down. Haven't really gotten back into it since then.

On 10/14/2023 at 12:04 PM, MKJoshA said:

I haven't played Legions myself. But I was really into X-Wing before Covid shut my gaming group down. Haven't really gotten back into it since then.

Unfortunately, this guy's an AI sent to spread gambling links- he edited his post after you quoted it. Honored to have my post chosen, though, instead of the catagory winner. Maybe it's because it includes "games" in the title.

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Unfortunately, this guy's an AI sent to spread gambling links- he edited his post after you quoted it. Honored to have my post chosen, though, instead of the catagory winner. Maybe it's because it includes "games" in the title.

Well that's too bad. So much work for someone. Create an AI bot, post a comment, wait for a response, edit comment, and then get banned from EB for being a bot.

And here I thought I'd found someone else who enjoyed X-Wing like I used to.

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Well that's too bad. So much work for someone. Create an AI bot, post a comment, wait for a response, edit comment, and then get banned from EB for being a bot.

I haven't looked into it too much, but from my understanding the AI they create logs into a variety of sites with new accounts before posting the links in comments it tries to relate to the original posts (here seeing "Games" in a post title and jumping from games-tabletop games-gambling).

I actually used to play X-wing back in the day, but I found it too expensive and space-taking to maintain a collection. I still play some of the games with fewer expansions, such as Rebellion and Outer Rim.

On 10/18/2023 at 4:58 PM, MKJoshA said:

Hello, X-Wing and X-wing vs tie fighter fan here :)

18 hours ago, n1majneb said:

Hello, X-Wing and X-wing vs tie fighter fan here :)

Sweet :sweet: Have you tried Squadrons yet?