eurotrash

MOC: Safety Last

MOC: Safety Last

52886187197_04791fc6ce_c.jpg

It's a scene from 1923 Harold Lloyd Silent Movie Classic, (some liberties were taken by changing the background to a skyline view)

Enjoy!

17 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Classic silent-film era cinema! The MOC is *chef's kiss* as well.

Thanks Murdoch.  I just love those movies and they're so chock full of scenes to replicate.

4 hours ago, Crazy bricks said:

We don't see enough Mocs in this style, works really well! Nicely executed. 

Cheers! I really enjoy building in this scale.  It's fragile and you're constantly having to take decisions about what to include or exclude while still trying to retain enough of the character of the source.  It's definitely not like building at a minifig scale.

But a word of warning:  Spending too much time at this scale can have profound unintended consequences.

52644830834_e40bf84fd5_c.jpg

There's more stuff and nonsense at this scale at https://www.flickr.com/photos/eurotrash48903/

Harold Lloyd hung from a clock in the era of silent films on "Safety Last," while Christopher Lloyd (no relation to Harold) did the same in the era of modern films with the "Back to the Future " trilogy of films..."Back to the Future" even referenced this film in the beginning of "Back to the Future," since a picture of the clock scene from "Safety Last" was among the the items found in Doc Brown's collection of clocks during the opening credit sequence...

Edited by Justin

On 5/25/2023 at 3:55 PM, eurotrash said:

Thanks Murdoch.  I just love those movies and they're so chock full of scenes to replicate.

Cheers! I really enjoy building in this scale.  It's fragile and you're constantly having to take decisions about what to include or exclude while still trying to retain enough of the character of the source.  It's definitely not like building at a minifig scale.

But a word of warning:  Spending too much time at this scale can have profound unintended consequences.

52644830834_e40bf84fd5_c.jpg

There's more stuff and nonsense at this scale at https://www.flickr.com/photos/eurotrash48903/

How on earth do those look perfectly done, yet terrifying at the same time! Want to make some miniland figures for my Creator Expert cars, certainly using these as inspiration...