Sign in to follow this  
Roadmonkeytj

[SR-FB] Salty Dawgs Mine

Many years ago, a coastal cave was investigated and found to have heavy deposits of Salt.  While the original intent was to find precious minerals the Cave was never further explored.  All that changed when three brothers showed up and began asking questions about the old, abandoned prospecting rights.  Governor Gustaf granted the rights to the brothers after learning the original deed holder had passed on leaving the rights to the Settlement of Charlatan Bay.  while its been a year since that meeting the brothers finally hit the payload.  Some say it looks like a great northern Christmas day down there with everything being white.

Salt Mine

OOC:

The original prospect was built by Gulagurag back in 2016 Link to Post who was informed via pm that Salt was discovered.

Also its not been a year more like several since first discussed building a mine - I had started one and never finished till tonight.

Edited by Roadmonkeytj

Great salt mine I like the protruding rock walls supported by beams. The wagon on rails for transport is also well built.

Heh!   This was a surprise to read this morning.  Looks good.

Looks really good! Good to see you used an other post to create new content. 

Very good! I really like how you've portrayed the ceiling of the mine. The build appears convincingly underground, but is still very open. Looks sharp! :thumbup:

6 hours ago, NOD said:

Great salt mine I like the protruding rock walls supported by beams. The wagon on rails for transport is also well built.

Thanks ... This was as close as I could get to historical salt mining. The photos I found were mostly sketches with only one picture of a surviving handcart from the 1600s ... It looks heavy and cumbersome to push but they did use crudely laid rails to push it.

4 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

Heh!   This was a surprise to read this morning.  Looks good.

It was a surprise for me as well lol suddenly inspiration struck ... And I'm aware your brother didn't pass lol just in character it's assumed lol.

4 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Looks really good! Good to see you used an other post to create new content. 

It had been something Kwatchi and I had talked about building many years ago when his brother (Gulagurag) had decided to quit playing and I was taking over managing the settlement from Kwatchi.  It just never came to fruition until last night lol.

3 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Very good! I really like how you've portrayed the ceiling of the mine. The build appears convincingly underground, but is still very open. Looks sharp! :thumbup:

Thanks ... It was a struggle at first to figure out how to do the mine roof ... Originally I had enclosed it more but decided I didn't like that so this became.  It is all buildable in brick (accept the canary lol you'll need to paint it yellow) 

On 5/8/2023 at 7:05 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

It just never came to fruition until last night lol.

I know how it goes hahaaa