rupi

Top 10 Most Hated Pieces

Hi

I want to show you my personal list of the top 10 most hated LEGO pieces.

This is a project I had in mind for a while but only now I got the time (and will) to finaly start it.

My idea is to make some funny vignettes about each piece and the reason I hate it.

I will try to update the list regulary untill I get to the nº 1 most hated piece :devil:

Here is the first- Nº 10 most hated piece

10_flesh_tones.jpg

10_flesh_tones_comic.jpg

keep checking the Brickshelf folder for updates :wink:

Thank you for looking, and please don't be angry with me if I hate one of your favourite pieces :classic:

Nice Vignette, but I don't find fleshie's a problem and in fact I like them better than yellow.

Nice Vignette, but I don't find fleshie's a problem and in fact I like them better than yellow.

I second that, ma'man! I like fleshies better than yellow too... I got too many yellows and not enough fleshies.

As for most useless pieces, how about any technic beams. They look really ugly with all those holes on the sides. They're ok to use in strictly technic models but they look bad when used in other themes.

And to think he go that all out at 10:21 :wink:

And I personally hate those pearl golden slopes in about EVERY '07 Castle set...

Edited by darthperson

you probably know Greg:

swlego50.gif

sry master. I couldn't help myself.

@ your Top 10: way better than blind hatred threads. I'm looking forward to #1... :wink:

I second that, ma'man! I like fleshies better than yellow too... I got too many yellows and not enough fleshies.

As for most useless pieces, how about any technic beams. They look really ugly with all those holes on the sides. They're ok to use in strictly technic models but they look bad when used in other themes.

Third...ed. But good idea anyway, I wonder what one will be? :devil:

Don't take my hate too serious.

The first fleshie I got was Indiana Jones, and it wasn't as bad as I suspected :wink:

About N

Edited by rupi

I don't mind flesh either. For themes like batman, starwars, etc, I like the flesh. In themes like my trains and the townsets, those have to be yellow ;) .

Bionicle? Never understood the whole theme at all.

Those new technicbeams.......I WANT THOSE OLD BACK :cry_happy: ......

Also very annoying, are those big buildingpieces :sick: .......

Could you please give a link or post a larger pic of your comics? I cant see the speech bubbles, theyre too small. :sceptic:

EDIT: Never mind, I just copied them to Paint. Both very funny. :laugh::sweet: On a side note, I dont understand why so many people are complaining about the gold slopes in Castle sets. Its just a simple piece, why complain about it? Thats like saying, in my opinion, "What the hell, Lego?!?! Why are you putting so many wheels in my City vehicles?!?"... :look:

Edited by JimButcher

Could you please give a link or post a larger pic of your comics? I cant see the speech bubbles, theyre too small. :sceptic:

EDIT: Never mind, I just copied them to Paint. Both very funny. :laugh::sweet: On a side note, I dont understand why so many people are complaining about the gold slopes in Castle sets. Its just a simple piece, why complain about it? Thats like saying, in my opinion, "What the hell, Lego?!?! Why are you putting so many wheels in my City vehicles?!?"... :look:

Eh? Just click on the black bar on top of the photos to enlarge them. :wink:

I agree with everyone, these are funny little strips you've made here. Not to be taken too seriously, though. I don't mind either the fleshie heads or the anime hair, but I have to admit that they do look kinda... funky in comparison to what I'm used to.

Nice vigs/comics so far! :thumbup::grin:

agree with #10, partially disagree with #9*

*if it's too loose to use, like the hair i got with aero booster.

That's what I would say. I like the Exo Force hair, but it can be too twisty or loose because it's not made of ABS. :sceptic:

And I detest the use of fleshies, TLC are never going to get it right with just two skin tones. :thumbdown:

:skull:

TLC are never going to get it right with just two skin tones. :thumbdown:

By "just two" you mean they need moreto "get it right"? If you mean more diversity, I agree. The least they could do to address that topic is come up with a Community Wokers-like set with more skin tones...

I actually dislike Exo Force Faces possibly more than the hair.

The green hair at least can be used as a cabbage in a grocery. :laugh:

Prob is their faces are so... ugly and big compared to everyone else in town. They just don't match.

For the same reason... I dont like the flesh tones, just don't look right alongside all the much more varied (in terms of available prints) yellows...

Hmmh

ah I know, Stormtrooper helmets.

I hate em cause they have open eyeholes, which means to make the visors look black, we are forced to have faceless black stormtrooper heads.

This is just dumb... oughta have the black eye section be on the helmet itself, so when you pull the helmet off theres a nice printed face underneath.

Plus I don't actually like SW, so while I can dissasemble their uniforms to make astronauts... the heads still stick out like a sore thumb, just can't re-use em...

Edited by xenologer

By "just two" you mean they need moreto "get it right"? If you mean more diversity, I agree.

Yes, more diversity. But anyway, I don't like the fleshies, after decades of Lego humans being yellow! :sceptic:

:skull:

Hmmh

ah I know, Stormtrooper helmets.

I hate em cause they have open eyeholes, which means to make the visors look black, we are forced to have faceless black stormtrooper heads.

This is just dumb... oughta have the black eye section be on the helmet itself, so when you pull the helmet off theres a nice printed face underneath.

That's funny... The Stormtroopers I got from my only Star Wars set, the Imperial Dropship, have printed black eyes on their helmets, not holes. They do have black faces too, nevertheless.

That's funny... The Stormtroopers I got from my only Star Wars set, the Imperial Dropship, have printed black eyes on their helmets, not holes. They do have black faces too, nevertheless.

That's even more strange, if the black is painted on the helmet why aren't they flesh like the others?... So my vig is right, someone really hates Stormtroppers :laugh:

I'm glad you are enjoying my top 10 so far, that was the major purpose :wink:

10_flesh_tones_comic.jpg

You know, this might not be a good time to tell him that he doesn't actually have a mother... :look:

Great job, looking forward for #1!

Very enjoyable. I hate Fleshies with a pasion, so annoying, and they've ruined so many would be good faces. The Exoforce hair is hard to work with, but if you use it right it can be useful. I like the faces, though they don't mesh to well with the other mini-figs. It's the eye's, they aren't just black circles. They've got eye color and all the parts of the eye.

Want to throw in the basketball hoop?

Eh? Just click on the black bar on top of the photos to enlarge them. :wink:

I agree with everyone, these are funny little strips you've made here. Not to be taken too seriously, though. I don't mind either the fleshie heads or the anime hair, but I have to admit that they do look kinda... funky in comparison to what I'm used to.

Of course, I absolutely knew that. Why wouldnt I know that? I mean, of course I knew that, are you trying to say tomething here?!

...............................I didnt know that... :tongue::sadnew: Now I feel really dumb.... :oh3:.

On topic: I dont mind the exo-force hair at all, its the Anime faces that bother me. I like the dot-eyes better. Also, I like flesh skin better than yellow, but its good of TLG to put it only in licensed sets, pleases most everyone, you know?

Actually, now that you point that out.

The ones with holes are Clone Troopers, not Storm Troopers. I call em all the same thing tho...

I guess they give a blank head underneath em all regardless because its cheaper than a printed face....