CvS

[MOC] - A scene for Bounty Boat & Sea Mates

My first MOC, as an AFOL :pir-triumph:.
What do you think? 
I'm happy to hear tips and trics, comments!

1280x638.jpg

More pictures on https://bricksafe.com/pages/CvS/moc-3-pirates---a-scene-for-bounty-boat--sea-mates.
Also of versions one and two.

Beacause I have no LEGO-room, or anything that even comes close, I keep my Pirates (and all LEGO) in boxes in the indoor stoorroom in our Amsterdam appartement :pir-cry_sad: :pir-bawling:.
I bought 6247 and 6252 in my quest to complete Classic Pirates '89 - '93*.
Before storing them immediately, I wanted to enjoy them for a while in a small scene.
And give MOC'ing a shot.
The first version was a real quick build with a very limited number of pieces: a micro-MOC. 
Then I decided to build a 'LEGO-shelf' in our living room :pir-grin: and upgrade the micro-MOC to something more full-fledged: version #2.

Had a second kid in between and this is the third version. With among others Sabre Island included.
Still with a limited number of (Pirate)specific pieces to do rocks, beaches, vegetation, water etc. And limited room to display it.
I didn't really have a plan when I started building; ideas and adjustments came along the way (and based on available bricks ;).

I hope to learn a lot more on MOC'ing in terms of rockwork, water, Imperial buildings etc. etc.
The water is a future upgrade for this MOC; first need to order some bricks (and watch some tutorials ;).

Edited by CvS

Why just my first MOC?
Classic Pirates, classic story?!

We visited the LEGO-store on a very wet january day this year, mainly to keep our daughter (4) occupied indoors.
I, very naive/ignorant, asked the employee where the Pirates sets were :).
Our daughter got a free Minifigure: a Pirates Captain!
That was fate and the spark to end my dark ages.

I started to read up on LEGO / Pirates and got my old LEGO from my parents house.
Some City, Space and Castle but mainly Pirates, my all time favourite theme.
*Now, five months later, the collection has grown 'a bit' :pir_laugh2:. Regular LEGO (also for my daugther and girlfriend) but especially Pirates :pir-huzzah1:
I am trying to complete the sets of '89 - '93. 
I 'm almost there, apart from the '93 ships and some smaller (North-America exclusive(?)) sets.

Edited by CvS

That’s awesome. Welcome to our world of Classic Pirates! I’d say you’re off to a great start with MOCing. Looks like yer a natural at rockwork!

I started a few years ago just like you did with my old Pirates sets. You’ll learn something new every time you try to build something. Studying other people’s work is a great way to get ideas.

Some of my work:

52648379996_b0c0d56fbe_z.jpgIMG_5194 by Chris Boyd, on Flickr

52753385011_6ede5a7081_z.jpgIMG_5575 2 by Chris Boyd, on Flickr

15 hours ago, CvS said:

My first MOC, as an AFOL :pir-triumph:.

Thank you for sharing your first MOC with us!

I love how you've also incorporated Sabre Island and Bounty Boat... and even the recent lighthouse set into the layout.

But where be all the pirate's cannons?

How are they to defend themselves against all those marauding soldiers?

image.png

19 hours ago, CaptainDarkNStormy said:

That’s awesome. Welcome to our world of Classic Pirates! I’d say you’re off to a great start with MOCing. Looks like yer a natural at rockwork!
I started a few years ago just like you did with my old Pirates sets. You’ll learn something new every time you try to build something. Studying other people’s work is a great way to get ideas.

Some of my work:
IMG_5194 by Chris Boyd, on Flickr
IMG_5575 2 by Chris Boyd, on Flickr

Thanks!
I had already found your work ;) Looks really nice! Good for inspiration as well.

8 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Thank you for sharing your first MOC with us!
I love how you've also incorporated Sabre Island and Bounty Boat... and even the recent lighthouse set into the layout.

But where be all the pirate's cannons?
wHow are they to defend themselves against all those marauding soldiers?

image.png

Thanks!
Yeah, the lighthouse is on display on the 'LEGO-shelf' as well :pir_laugh2:.
Isn't meant to be part of the MOC though. Could be, but then I would have to at least replace the light for a fire or something :).

Good point! I tried to fit in a canon emplacement for the Pirates somewhere, but there wasn't enough room (on the rocks).
I don't really like rooftop cannons, especially on such a small hut/shack, so that was no option. Maybe instead of the rocks and bush in the front.

4 hours ago, CvS said:

Isn't meant to be part of the MOC though. Could be, but then I would have to at least replace the light for a fire or something :).

There are some great Imperial Guard conversions of the lighthouse in the Classic Pirates Facebook Group.

I'll try to dig out some photos next time I'm browsing the group.

18 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

There are some great Imperial Guard conversions of the lighthouse in the Classic Pirates Facebook Group.

I'll try to dig out some photos next time I'm browsing the group.

Owh...yes, please! Thanks.

I don't have a FB-account (never have ;). I only recently made an Insta-account, just to watch/follow some LEGO Pirates related accounts :pir-sweet:
Had a quick look but could only find a couple (Carlo Bellazzi), which I can't post here(?)

Hadn't really thought about it, but could be a good idea; to incorporate the lighthouse.
Would maybe also (partially) solve my problem with too little space.

I really like it! Keep going and stick around, show us what you build. I am sure you have great potential!

On 5/9/2023 at 9:51 AM, Crazy bricks said:

That is just a slab of old school pirate goodness! An incredible first MOC

On 5/9/2023 at 7:01 PM, Fraunces said:

I really like it! Keep going and stick around, show us what you build. I am sure you have great potential!

Thanks! :pir-classic:

Bellissimo lavoro! Bravo bravo bravo. E se davvero è la tua prima MOC, allora hai un futuro "radioso" davanti a te! Continua così!

On 6/4/2023 at 8:54 PM, CvS said:

Did a small upgrade of my MOC.
Mainly the water. Although still waiting on some parts to be able to do what I had in mind.

Before:
640x311.jpg

After:
1280x830.jpg

Plus a bit more secure location for the treasure trove :pir-triumph:.

Before:
640x311.jpg

After:

800x389.jpg

https://bricksafe.com/pages/CvS/moc-3.2-upgrade-pirates---a-scene-for-bounty-boat--sea-mates.

The added water really helps, that is a fantastic MOC!!

I get a lot of "classic" vibes from this and I'm loving it!