Bricksbypidy

[A-MCRA - GOC] The adventures of Edmund Cooke S01E01: Beerhunters

The Adventures of Edmund Cooke | S01E01 'Beerhunters'

This story begins in 'The Drunken Fish' tavern in Arlinsport, Tiberia. But before I take you into the story I will first introduce the main characters for this first episode:

BoBS - TAoEC S01E01 'Beerhunters'

Characters

Edmund Cooke
Governor of the colony of Ethiopia, far away. Edmund is a War-veteran who recently fought in the Seawatch Campaign. In addition, he is a renowned captain who likes to conquer the raging oceans. Edmund had come to Tiberia to meet an old friend, Mayor Mason Denear.

Bernard Claesen Speirdyke
Edmund Cooke's right-hand man. Bernard is Edmund's personal security guard and assistant. Bernard is originally from 'Wullham, Panarium, a settlement/island in The Great Ocean. 

Alexandre Bras-de-Fer
Navigator by profession. Takes care of Edmund's ship and navigates to the correct destination. He is also a good friend and advisor to Edmund.

Jim Corbett
Professional hunter and adventurer. He has seen many parts of the world and knows a lot about flora and fauna. No adventure is too crazy for him, no hunt is too dangerous for him!

S01E01: Beerhunters
After a long journey, Edmund Cooke, Bernard Claesen Speirdyke and Alexandre Bras-de-Fer have arrived in Arlinsport, Tiberia. They had already explored the city and finally ended up in tavern 'The Drunken Fish' for an alcoholic snack.
Edmund entered the tavern first, looked around, and nodded in agreement: "Good people here." The tavern was filled with redcoats enjoying a beer. The room was filled with 'Highland' music, blasted into the tavern by the redcoat in the checkered kilt. Upstairs from the gallery stood behind the curtains a smartly dressed gentleman and lady surveying the spectacle. "Hmm, maybe the owners", Edmund thought.

BoBS - TAoEC S01E01 'Beerhunters'BoBS - TAoEC S01E01 'Beerhunters'

There were few places left. At the very back, a man sat alone at a large table. The man was dressed in brown clothing and wore a raccoon skin cap. Although the person looked a bit strange, there were few other options. The trio sat down at this table. Well three..., Bernard stopped just to be sure so that he could have a good overview of the situation. You never knew...

While the men were enjoying a beer, their eyes fell on the white rug on the floor in front of the stairs. It looked like a bearskin, but they had never seen a white one before. The man across from them overheard Edmund and Alexandre arguing and joined in the conversation: "Never seen a dead polar bear before?"

Bernard looked at the man suspiciously. What was this eccentric fellow meddling with? Alexandre looked at the man and indicated that he had never seen a white bear. "Jim Corbett," said the man. "My name is Jim Corbett, hunter". Confused by this sudden turn in the 'conversation', the trio also introduced themselves. Jim nodded in agreement and continued the conversation: "The polar bear lives in the cold colonies with a lot of snow." Alexandre nodded at Edmund as if to say they had never been there. "The polar bear is a deadly predator, and this skin was taken as a trophy by the owner of the tavern," Jim continued. "The story goes that these bears live in the far western colonies, beyond the Great Alliance States. The bears are rare and rarely seen." Edmund, an adventurous man, was mesmerized by what Jim had to say. His interest was piqued. He wanted to know more about this...

To be continued...

---

Will be licensed as a Large Artisan building to Arlinsport for the Crown (@Ayrlego).

No GM input needed at this time to continue the journey...

Completing GoC task 4.1 Purser's Network (license type 'Artisan') with this build. 

Property type: Large Artisan
Dimensions: 72 x 52 studs
Total parts: ~6,000

Credits:
- Overall concept: based on a design by Damian Bonczyk (see picture below):

Spoiler

damian-bonczyk-tavern-small.jpg?16179128

Edited by Bricksbypidy

I'll be interested to see where this goes. Excellent work, as always, and I'm glad to see you're channelling your talents into an AMRCA. 

One thing; you mention Ethiopia and the Low Countries. Where would those be on the BOBS map?

Beautiful large interior of the tavern. It is not surprising that only redcoats are present, nobody else can stand Highland music the whole day.

I like the big fireplace. The story is interesting too. There is still much unexplored territory on the maps. Peter Nash can also be seen in some of the pictures.

Great tavern, I love all the details you managed to fit in and it's always fun to see various redcoats in one place!

But are your characters supposed to be from Corrington? Because the rank of Governor is amongst the highest ranks one can earn in Corrington, so according to the rules that is not a title you can give your characters. (I for example started out as a privateer, got promoted to lieutenant and mayor of Queentson, my ultimate goal is to one day earn the right to become governor of the Arlintina regions)

I wish you good fortune in the adventures to come, really excited to see where they bring you :pir-huzzah2:

16 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

One thing; you mention Ethiopia and the Low Countries. Where would those be on the BOBS map?

These aren’t on the BoBS map. These are colonies far away across the ocean to the East. Is that a problem? 

15 hours ago, NOD said:

nobody else can stand Highland music the whole day.

Haha!  😂

15 hours ago, NOD said:

Peter Nash can also be seen in some of the pictures.

You’ve found an easter egg! 💪🏻

14 hours ago, Justsomebrix said:

But are your characters supposed to be from Corrington?

They are Corries. But the governor rank is from a colony far away. So it’s not ‘active’ in the BoBS world. Is that okay? 

I can make him a former governor if that helps? EDIT: I changed his role to 'war-veteran' (text-wise). 

Edited by Bricksbypidy

1 hour ago, Bricksbypidy said:

Is that a problem? 

I hate to tell someone off, but I think the Far East is "undiscovered" territory. The only colonies are the ones on the map. 

Edited by Ross Fisher

2 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

I hate to tell someone off, but I think the Far East is "undiscovered" territory. The only colonies are the ones on the map. 

Okay, it's no problem to change some background story about their origin. 

What a great build, don't know why but my favorite part is the sand green and blue curtains, such a good bit of color!  Great job on the textures on the walls and floor as well!

You captured the inspiration very well, as well as populating the scenes.  The floor looks very dangerous for a drunken sailor though lol 

Is the bear skin your design? 

1 hour ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Is the bear skin your design

Its a slightly modified version of the one that appears in the Lego Medieval Blacksmith set. 

27 minutes ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

(But I can't put you on the frontpage every week...)

Haha! Thanks! That’s a big compliment! 🙌🏻