Troy C

Technic Figure Scale Narrow Gauge

Hey there, I am new around here. I have been playing with legos for 30+ years. Sometimes I search the internet to see if someone has already put in the work to build something I want to build. This project has been in my mind for most of a decade and no one has shared a similar mechanism that I have seen so far. I figure I owe it to the community to share what I made given how much I have received over the years. 

I want to build a Lego train layout to Technic figure scale. I don’t see many people mixing trains and Technic. I don’t intend to have the mechanism be the focus of the build like Technic sets are designed to do but I do intend to take advantage of the possibilities that Technic components offer.

I took my first stab at making this locomotive about 5 years ago. It never did what I wanted it to do and it took until the cat knocked it off the shelf and shattered the first try before I admitted that the cat was right and I needed to start over. I am sharing the mechanism now because it might never get finished but it is really cool and might inspire someone else. 

B354B6FB-A2C5-4024-BA41-02061F412AC1.jpeg

4D27F705-9AA9-4448-ACD1-FCB2D60CD0A0.jpeg

59F3139A-447B-4379-BB69-7C05C04A6FC0.jpeg

Very nice. I've seen a few technic figure scale trains before but they are uncommon. The size actually makes a lot of sense for narrow gauge, and the nice thing about NG is that many prototypes are only a couple of cars. Keep slowly building.

On 4/30/2023 at 8:42 PM, LEGOTrainBuilderSG said:

Very cool! I know there's this guy on YouTube that does technic trains and they look fantastic!

Oh, neat! I didn't know that there was a different scale of train for lego!