Agent Kallus

What are your most anticipated upcoming sets?

Simple question really but I wondered what people's moat anticipated sets were.

For me it'd be

1 - The great Deku tree ( I like the legend of Zelda but I really love breath of the Wild so it'll awesome to see it combined with Lego at long last ( after so many ideas projects!), Fingers crossed this leads to a system line of TotK sets)

2 - the medieval village ( I loved the castle but a world is not made of castles alone  and there should be more regular buildings than castles ( unless it's Wales). Great to get the goat back, looking forward to new civilian houses and shops and well as more civilians, if I can find it for cheap enough I might get 2 and use the second one for parts to expand the town with more buildings.)

3 - Ninjago city markets (the Ninjago city sets are just so stunning,( I'm in the process of mocing a way to connect them with modulars ) and the leaked picture has a cable car!? Insane, I can't wait to see it properly)

4 - The Ghost (Rebels is a show I love, and to get a new updated version of the ghost is great, hope it looks good, it is the first one on tgis list that I've not seen any images of at all

5 - Barad-dûr ( this would be higher up, if I had not gotten Rivendell, which had sated my LotR lust, for now)

Honourable mentions ( in no particular order): Republic gunship, 332nd swamp speeder, X-mansion, pirates imperial fort, marvel CMF S2, Keaton batmobile and batwing and batcave(A comics batcave would've made the top 5), death egg robot, Ninjago dragon energy core temple, dreamzzz nightmare sharkship, Gotham skyline.

Edited by Agent Kallus

10 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

the medieval village ( I loved the castle but a world is not made of castles alone  and there should be more regular buildings than castles ( unless it's Wales). Great to get the gost back, looking forward to new civilian houses and shops and well as more civilians, if I can find it for cheap enough I might get 2 and use the second one for parts to expand the town with more buildings.(

Is the village actually confirmed yet, and especially containing a ghost? I'd not heard that particular rumour.

Also, does Wales especially have a high concentration of castles? You're most likely to find them on the border, as there were a lot of castles put up along the Marches. I'm thinking of places like Raglan, which is in Wales put is actually further east than the original border; the castle is pretty well in line with the very definitely English castles at Skenfrith and Grosmont.

Here are my anticipated sets:

• 60362 Car Wash
  • 60363 Ice Cream Shop
  • 60364 Urban Skate Park
  • 60365 Apartment Building
  • 60380 Urban Centre
  • 60391 Demolition Site
  • 60395 Race Car Combi
  • 60396 Custom Race Cars 
  • 60398 Family House & Electric Car

38 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Is the village actually confirmed yet, and especially containing a ghost? I'd not heard that particular rumour.

Also, does Wales especially have a high concentration of castles? You're most likely to find them on the border, as there were a lot of castles put up along the Marches. I'm thinking of places like Raglan, which is in Wales put is actually further east than the original border; the castle is pretty well in line with the very definitely English castles at Skenfrith and Grosmont.

-Gost was not a typo of ghost but of goat, (I'll go and correct that next)

-It's not *confirmed* confirmed but I'm an optimist and it was clearly in the pipeline at somepoint but it could have been cancelled or something ( I guess the same applies for all those from that batch of leaks, but some did look more finished that others, like Simba and the Deku tree looked ready to be revealed already and would have made sense for this year (given the TotK release and Disney anniversary) but the latest word on those sets is that they are scheduled for 2024.)

-Wales has the highest concentration of castles per square mile of any country in Europe. Yes most are near the border.

35 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Wales has the highest concentration of castles per square mile of any country in Europe. Yes most are near the border.

I honestly didn't realise this, guess because I'm from a part of England with a comparatively high concentration of castles (and also because a load of the ones close to me which I could have sworn were English - the aforementioned Skenfrith and Grosmont for instance - are actually a shade over the border. Turns out most places have far fewer castles.

Im interested in Pac Man set, especially how playable it can be.

On 4/30/2023 at 10:08 PM, Alexandrina said:

Also, does Wales especially have a high concentration of castles?

Yes. Modern Wales has a lot of castle. Mildly vexed that you are laying claim to some Welsh castles there :tongue: True, historically England has stamped all over Wales (hence the castles...) and a lot of what was Wales was scooped up by rich English landowners and proclaimed "England" for their benefit... (Historic Monmouthshire was still England when one of my colleagues was born!) but both borders and administrative areas of Wales have the most castles now things have been slightly put right.

North Wales has my favourites, even if they were all there in an attempt to squash Wales with a "ring of iron" in the heartlands of resistance. Conwy is fantastic, Harlech is a great example of defensive landscape and no joke, I could stay all day in Caernarfon Castle and still need dragging out at closing time. 

Ahem, so, on topic (Cymru am byth!!) I am looking forward to those Dreamzzz sets for sure, the skull ship and pegasus/unicorn/alicorn are super cool and the croc-car is the sort of creative randomness I lilve for. 

The rumoured Zelda sets have me saving VIP points up as while I am awful at video games more complex than button mashers like Smash Bro's (or Pokemon) I do love the lore and world of LoZ, big manga collection! 

A new Goat and castle village set of course, are on my list to purchase, to go with the MMV and my castle MOCs. 

The baby dragon in the next wave of Ninjago has certainly put at least one set from the line on my list.

The Creator Land Rover is too nice not to get. 

Monkiekid White Dragon is superb and just adding more of the theme to my list.

I think I better be saving some cash!

OP you had me at Great Deku Tree. I want that set so bad I can taste it. (It tastes like chicken!)

Hi,

Interesting question 🤔

I'm gonna have to join the Zelda club. Also the sonic sets, really hope Knuckles shows up soon as well.🥺. If theres another Minecraft D2C in the pipeline then that too! 

The new 1989 Batmobile, batwing and Batcave have to be on here. Really want to see the batcave because with some, 🤔 strange descriptions I'm finding it hard to envision!!

If they do come out with a Space mantis for Jedi:Fallen order then that too!! 🥰

1 hour ago, Karalora said:

OP you had me at Great Deku Tree. I want that set so bad I can taste it. (It tastes like chicken!)

Chicken and not Cucuo? 😂

-J.T.i.m.G

6 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Yes. Modern Wales has a lot of castle. Mildly vexed that you are laying claim to some Welsh castles there :tongue: True, historically England has stamped all over Wales (hence the castles...) and a lot of what was Wales was scooped up by rich English landowners and proclaimed "England" for their benefit... (Historic Monmouthshire was still England when one of my colleagues was born!) but both borders and administrative areas of Wales have the most castles now things have been slightly put right.

North Wales has my favourites, even if they were all there in an attempt to squash Wales with a "ring of iron" in the heartlands of resistance. Conwy is fantastic, Harlech is a great example of defensive landscape and no joke, I could stay all day in Caernarfon Castle and still need dragging out at closing time. 

I've got to be honest, I genuinely thought Grosmont was Herefordshire. I went there not eighteen months ago and I don't remember crossing the border to get there, nor do I remember the Welsh language signage which according to the photos is there. Now I'm wondering if I'm going slightly mad!! I've actually never visited the north Wales castles (except for Ruthin, so long ago now that I can't remember a single thing about it other than that I got a Doctor Who action figure from the shop in town!) but I have a soft spot for Raglan Castle. Sadly the best ones my side of the border are ruins or worse - the council in their infinite wisdom decided to sell the main one to be used for building material, so now there's nothing left but a strip of moat.

6 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

A new Goat and castle village set of course, are on my list to purchase

I feel like everyone wants the goat! :pir_laugh2: Probably going to be so many of them sold to the Eurobricks community via Pick a Brick that the market is saturated for decades! I know I'll be buying the set as soon as it comes out and a few dozen goats when I can.

51 minutes ago, Jason Todd is my God said:

Chicken and not Cucuo? 😂

My friend, if you can subdue a Cucco long enough to cook and eat it, you just let me know what it tastes like... 😂

Here are the next sets I plan to get in their chronological order of appearance :

1. Eldorado Fortress

2. Majisto GWP

3. Viking Village

4. D&D anniversary set

5. Medieval market (I hardly hope this leak would be a real thing in 2024)

I don’t know about you folks, but I’m excited for the new friends sets, those look amazing 

As far as unannounced sets for 2023 go :

• Eldorado Fortress
  • Viking Village 
  • Dungeons and Dragons : Dragon's Keep

Love surprises like the Minifig Land Rover and Up-Scaled LEGO Minifigure as well.

And then a whole bunch of Dreamzz, City, Friends, Creator, and perhaps some Ninjago or GWP's.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 5/8/2023 at 1:25 PM, TeriXeri said:

As far as unannounced sets for 2023 go :

• Eldorado Fortress
  • Viking Village 
  • Dungeons and Dragons : Dragon's Keep

Love surprises like the Minifig Land Rover and Up-Scaled LEGO Minifigure as well.

And then a whole bunch of Dreamzz, City, Friends, Creator, and perhaps some Ninjago or GWP's.

There's so much we've heard is coming that I totally forgot about the Viking village and D&D sets ( despite voting for one and making a contest entry for the other). Both would've been on my honourable mentions list had I only remembered them.

Talking about dreams, now that I've actually seen them I think the dream village is my most anticipated among them (rather than the shark shop as I said up above) but I might also get the the stable the tortoise-campervan and some of the villain sets ( maybe not though, there's a lot on my radar this year and I can't get it all).

I know some people are disappointed by the Ninjago city markets but I'm not one of them!

On 5/7/2023 at 3:00 PM, Khargeust said:

Here are the next sets I plan to get in their chronological order of appearance :

1. Eldorado Fortress

2. Majisto GWP

3. Viking Village

4. D&D anniversary set

5. Medieval market (I hardly hope this leak would be a real thing in 2024)

I second all those!

Other sets I'm excited for:

• Star Wars Mechs (I'm not a huge fan of SW but I'm hoping these are ridiculous)
  • Sora's Transforming Mech Bike Racer
  • Lloyd and Arin's Ninja Team Mechs

I recently discovered this villians icons from lego disney https://www.lego.com/cs-cz/product/villain-icons-43227 . As much I despise modern Disney, they definitely knows target audience of this set. This was literally my childhood in 90s VHS tape with disney movie -check, disney books-check.

Now VHS recorder when, we got literally everything old school tv, old school gaming system, vhs tape, cassete tape. But still not VHS recorder!

Edited by Ondra

1.) Medieval Village

2.) Pirate Imperaital Fortress 

3.) Winer Village set (currently, no leaks/rumors)

4.)  Viking Village

5.) Gringotts Bank

6.) Modular Building (currently, no leaks/rumors)

7.) Disney Castle

More sets to add to my "looking forward too" list:

• Modified Race Cars
  • Combo Race Pack
  • Up-Scaled LEGO Minifigure (it's already out, but I don't have it in my hands yet)

Concorde, Passenger Airplane, Mars Rover Perseverance, City Arctic snowmobile. (Possible purchases)

Gunship, Ghost, Venator (will most likely want but not be able to get)

The next Ninjago Modular....in 2025. :grin:

The next WV & Modular are always up there on anticipation. 

The latest rumor of Gringotts has pushed my excitement back up as it’s said to connect to DA(and not the smaller WWW like was thought to be possible). Even though I have nowhere for it given how I have DA set up...that’s a later on problem. 

Those are the biggies for me, I’m always in anticipation for regular sets as well. Anything Monkey Kid is gonna get me too.