Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OL - FB] LBSF Pottery Factory

In the industrial quarter of the "Large City" ( @Ayrlego and @Ross Fisher, I think this one will complete the requirements to upgrade the city) of Nola Mar, a new and oddly shaped smokestack has emerged.

PotteryFactory_2

A large factory has been built by the merchants of Le Bellan Shipping and Freight (LBSF) to capitalize on the insatiable demand for pottery in the growing city and for transiting trade ships. 

PotteryFactory_3

The oddly shaped smoke stack is in fact a giant industrial kiln for the curing of ceramics. Requiring longer cook times, but lower temperatures than the metal industry, this giant adobe kiln uses logs for fuel to bake the clay shapes into any number of useful items. 

PotteryFactory_5

Once baked, outdoor drying racks allow a gradual cooling process before any additional design work is added and before the final products are packaged in the recognizable dark blue boxes and white lids of LBSF products. 

PotteryFactory_4

Inside, racks of molds, colored pigments to add designs to the pre-baked clay and workstations for final designs on the final products are all arranged to maximize high output and efficiency from factory. As always, the LBSF aims to corner the market at scale and quality in mass production vs employing individual artisans for custom expensive pieces. 

PotteryFactory

Nola Mar continues to grow, this large factory, one more industry adding to the economic and cultural importance of this rising star in the Kingdom of Light. 

PotteryFactory_6

Great shaping on the kiln, very nice! I'll try to remember when I do the March-April sheets (hopefully next week!).

I haven't seen a tableware factory in Brethren of the Brick Seas. This is something new and I like it:pir-huzzah2:  

I always love seeing builds that show a process of how something is made. Beautiful kiln and overall structure.