javi31415

[MOC] Renfe Class 447 Commuter Train Cercanias Livery

Hi all, 

This is my first post here and my first train MOC. It is an attempt at the Renfe class 447, a classic commuter train. 

I started building LEGO trains last week, so I would appreciate any feedback greatly! In particular, my train as it stands is 6 studs wide, but looking around, many builders have trains which are 8 studs wide. Would you recommend switching to a wider standard?

Unfortunately, I can only upload pictures <0.1mb so most of my renders are too large but they are available here: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjABrV8

serie 447 thin finished_3.png

Nice project! hope to see more progress of it
You could post links then the engine of this site could transform them into pictures (well I guess, it works for me)

Nice! It’s great to see even more Spanish train creators over here (we’re now 3 active people hehe). It’s simple yet it has some details and it resembles the real thing, which is great. Looks fairly nice for a first try. I would try lowering the train, making it closer to the ground though. 

I personally like building 7 studs wide (if you want to look through some of my posts like the S102 and S114), as it allows a better and more elaborated constructions without being too large. The issue with 7 wide is that the uneven numbers are harder to build, and have some relatively weirder pieces available. Still, I think it enables the best proportions. 

Edited by Redrado

Good looking livery for your commuter train. As a fellow six-wide builder, I approve.

From Flickr, you can link the images here using BBCode. In Flickr, open the picture and click on the "Share" arrow button. Select the BBCode area and set the picture size to 800xwhatever (for the forum users). Then copy out the code and paste it into the forum here. You can delete a lot of the chaff from the copied code. All you really need is the:

[ img]https://live.staticflickr.com/ random data here.jpg[/img ]

Everything between the bookends is actual link. It allows you to put more than one photo and of good quality on a post.

Your build is very recognisable which is always a good sign :))

I think most people start 6 wide and get comfortable in that width before scaling up. 6 wide is the most economic and simple scale.

7 wide is technically a lot harder than 6 and 8 because of the uneven width.

So keep on designing, try to build some of your models IRL, that is the fun part! And you will probably realise that some of the things that work digitally do not always work IRL.

Welcome! I always love seeing familiar trains over here.

That’s a great 447 for someone so new! I like the use of the triangle pieces for the stripes, the ones on the sides of the windscreen look particularly good. The buffers with the rounded edge that extends to the side are a great detail as well.

You should build in the width you feel the most comfortable with. If you think you can fit all the details you want to add in a particular width without constraints, then go for it! If it starts to feel cramped, consider upscaling.

Looks like a good start

On 4/26/2023 at 5:48 PM, javi31415 said:

Unfortunately, I can only upload pictures <0.1mb so most of my renders are too large but they are available here: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjABrV8 

The EB photo storage is for things like your avitar image. All of your MOC images should be stored offsite and linked in your EB posts.