HatBricks

[M4-23 - Imperial Ship] - Tie Viper

Introducing the Tie Viper! The Tie Viper is meant to be an underwater variety of the iconic Imperial starship, for when the empire has nefarious things to do underneath the depths....

uYTVXK6.pngTQvWmf7.pngsRCHQU0.png

I was thinking about what type of ship I wanted to make for this context, and then during the night, I had a dream about an underwater imperial vehicle. I don’t remember what it looked like in the dream, but I thought it was a neat concept, an underwater vehicle, and kept that as the central concept of the idea.

yC4IbpH.png8MO0GyX.png

I wanted it to look familiar, keeping a similar shape, but in a way that’s instantly discernible. Which resulted in the wings being so close to the cockpit. I pictured it as a stealth vehicle, kinda lurking around in the dark depths, waiting to attack unsuspecting rebels which is why I went for a darker color scheme compared to other imperial fighters.

ORuuMLU.png

The cockpit is much larger and deeper compared to most Tie fighters. There is room for both a pilot at the front and a gunner at the back. It’s got a little extra room in the middle potentially for troops to sit and wait. Since the Imperials don’t have a huge underwater fleet, I imagined it would need to be a multipurpose vehicle.

LEOkmYE.pngPmssve2.png

The model was created in stud.io, and exported to Sketchfab (where I took screenshots) since I didn’t have all the pieces I would need to build it on hand. The ship is entirely black, but the lighting in Sketchfab makes it look a little bluer than it’s supposed to. (I hope that’s alright, this is my first time exporting a model as a 3D file)

Love the concept! Makes perfect sense that the Empire would have something to explore the depths.

I love the idea, and you've translated the lore to the physical design very well. Looking at this, you get submarine vibes without having to read the description.

Thank you for the kind words everyone!

On 4/25/2023 at 2:21 PM, Guyinaplaguemask said:

Stud.io has a render program built in if you want the pictured to retain their proper color.

I'll have to look into that next time, thanks for the suggestion!

IT cLeArLy LoOKs abSoLuTEly AWfuL! (Joking if you couldn't tell, as I also entered something for this category!) 

Jokes aside, love the design, especially those absolutely beautiful engines! I love how it keeps in theme with what the Empire would probably actually build, I think a render doesn't do your design proper justice either and it would look better in real life in real bricks too.

The design really works, I can see this exploring the unknown regions.

If you revisit this, do follow up as you could add more surface detail or even build in the brick form.

But a solid build and a great entry!