Sign in to follow this  
Commander Wolf

[MOC] 1:48 Pennsylvania Railroad Q2 Duplex (PF / PU)

Hello all, I have recently built a model that might actually deserve a post. This is a working, running (albeit only on R104 curves) 1:48 scale model of the Pennsylvania Railroad Q2 duplex. PF or PU motors power all five driving axles, and the design uses no third party parts besides #11 drivers. See the video for a more detailed description.

52692183175_405b5be97a_c_d.jpg

52691250172_f7b7063059_c_d.jpg

52692183140_88f9190b55_c_d.jpg

Astonishing model and nice you made a better version of it(the previous version of the engine got pistons under the firebox and it`s wasn't good )

11 hours ago, Darkkostas25 said:

Astonishing model and nice you made a better version of it(the previous version of the engine got pistons under the firebox and it`s wasn't good )

Yeahhh, I decided not to do the Q1 since it was a one off. Someday maybe that or the S1 though.

Oooh, nice work building the PRR Q2 duplex. Even if it only runs on R104, it's running. That's a plus.

Did you at some point doubt this engine deserved a post?? It’s gorgeous! Seeing it run is a pleasure, and the detailing is stunning. I actually like the arched window on its side, I can’t think of any other way to capture the look.

Thanks! I think there might be a better solution for the window with quarter circle tiles... or at least something close but more structurally sound. I have to play with it though; maybe if I run it more and the cab falls apart on me more :hmpf: