legonerd54321

[MOC] Frisco 4-8-4 Northern in "Meteor" scheme

Frisco 4501
Here is my latest creation, a 1:48 scale LEGO model of the Frisco’s 4-8-4 Northern locomotive in its “Meteor” paint scheme.
The Frisco “Meteor” ran from St. Louis to Oklahoma overnight from 1902 to 1965. Frisco-class 4500 locomotives, and specifically locomotives No. 4500, 4501 and 4502, being three of twenty-five Northern class Baldwin 4-8-4s built for Frisco during World War II, were later designated for use on the Meteor. These locomotives were delivered in a distinctive zephyr blue, white and gray paint scheme with "Meteor" spelled out across the tender in bold red lettering.
I’ve been working on this model the past few months, right up to the last day that my daughter was born. It was a great distraction to help with the anxiety of becoming a father, and now that she here I can say this model is “finished”. I say that with quotations because I still need to build it in brick and with corresponding passenger cars!
Frisco 4501
Frisco 4501 Cab

Frisco 4501Frisco 4501

The great steamer we got here! Love the details on the front of the boiler and showing its parts that were necessary for the real one(on the front, hoses on the sides and valves and gears and handles in the cabin)
Great model, mate! 

I'm interested in how you did the tender trucks, if you can show them a bit more? 

That is an amazing build, with lots of little new advances in technique. The color scheme is very striking in lego too. Though I fear you will find yourself longing for matching cars. But it is only your second best MOC of the day...

On 4/9/2023 at 2:54 PM, legonerd54321 said:

I’ve been working on this model the past few months, right up to the last day that my daughter was born.

Congratulations!!! Remember to play well and share your Lego (grin)