Captain Braunsfeld

Herlock Sholmes - TAOFTHRM 11 (Final Chapter)

800x574.jpg

(Still at South Cothelstone Hall – now at the main gate– Herlock Sholmes and friends have just caught the villains)

A stand-off:

800x743.jpg

The Marquis slowly moves towards the main villain, who is wearing a horrible green mask.

800x567.jpg

…when suddenly the door is opened.

800x621.jpg

Inspector Destrale: “Well, what’s going on here? The neighbours have complained that everything is too quiet here!”

800x676.jpg

With a violent jump the villain knocks over Destrale and makes a run. The mischievous butler quickly follows.

And as our heroes rush around the open door…

800x600.jpg

… Destrale is just back on his feet and is blocking their way again!

Sholmes: “Destrale – you picked the perfectly wrong moment…”

Dr. Sonwat: “Now they have escaped.”

Marquis: “Vous Vous Vous!”

800x609.jpg

As our heroes finally stumble out of the main gate, all traces of the villains have disappeared.

Sholmes and Sonwat plunge onto the stairs while the Marquis angrily shakes his sword at the distance.

Inspector Destrale: “I am sorry, Sholmes…”

Sholmes: “It’s fine. How could you know…”

Dr. Thinkslow-Shootwell (thinking slowly, says nothing)

Dr. Sonwat: “At least we have driven the villains away from their lair. And…”

Sholmes: “And?”

Dr. Sonwat: “… and we will be back at Quaker Street in time for tea.”

Epilogue

(Back at Quaker Street 9 ¾ )

800x500.jpg

Dr. Sonwat: “What an exciting adventure.”

Sholmes: “Yepp.”

Dr. Sonwat: “But there are still things to be done!”

Sholmes: “Like what?”

Dr. Sonwat: “Finally naming the dog.”

Sholmes: “Oh. No. That has been done.”

Dr. Sonwat: “What’s his name then?”

Sholmes: “Her name. You look, my dear Hisham, but you do not observe.”

Dr. Sonwat: “Right, her name then. What is it?”

Sholmes: “Her name is Keeva. Spelt Caoimhe.”

Dr. Sonwat: “Why? Have you lost your spelling abilities?“

Sholmes: “I am sure that she is of Celtic origin.”

(The End)

(Or, is it?)

The complete storyline: (The Adventure of the Horse Race Money)

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

Chapter 8

Chapter 9

Chapter 10

Chapter 11 (you are here)

Thanks for following this storyline so actively. 

The villain with the green mask is a nod to the old French "Fantomas" movies from the sixties, in which the villain also always managed to escape in the end.

Maybe Herlock Sholmes will be able to catch him in a future adventure? We will see.

Happy Easter!

This was a great, funny and exciting sequel story. :pir-huzzah2:  I like Herlock Sholmes and Dr. Sonwat. I would be happy to read a new story from the two of them someday. Inspector Destrale is the traffic obstruction. :pir_laugh2:  Good ending to the story, because Fantômas never catches anyone. Except maybe Herlock Sholmes?

Who was that masked man? ...we will never know now! I'm reminded of Judge Doom from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". He wasn't what he appeared to be, and we never find out who he really was, same as this guy! Also, what happened to the horse race money and diamond? I guess the bad guys got away with them....

Many thanks for the fun story, the great mocs and all the hilarious dialogues :pir-huzzah2: Hope to hear more of Herlock Sholmes and Dr. Sonwat some day in the future!

On 4/9/2023 at 9:14 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Maybe Herlock Sholmes will be able to catch him in a future adventure?

I do hope so!

and how could we all not intensively follow your stories, they always spice things up around here with some comedy and fun action. A shame this story is already at an (unresolved) end, but knowing you, we will see more storylines developing 

On 4/9/2023 at 3:14 PM, NOD said:

This was a great, funny and exciting sequel story. :pir-huzzah2:  I like Herlock Sholmes and Dr. Sonwat. I would be happy to read a new story from the two of them someday. Inspector Destrale is the traffic obstruction. :pir_laugh2:  Good ending to the story, because Fantômas never catches anyone. Except maybe Herlock Sholmes?

Thanks. Now I have to write the sequel :pir-grin:

On 4/9/2023 at 3:45 PM, Murdoch17 said:

Who was that masked man? ...we will never know now! I'm reminded of Judge Doom from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". He wasn't what he appeared to be, and we never find out who he really was, same as this guy! Also, what happened to the horse race money and diamond? I guess the bad guys got away with them....

You are asking the right questions. I would also like to know :pir-laugh:

On 4/9/2023 at 7:13 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Many thanks for the fun story, the great mocs and all the hilarious dialogues :pir-huzzah2: Hope to hear more of Herlock Sholmes and Dr. Sonwat some day in the future!

Thanks. Let's see where the next storyline will take us :pir-sweet:

9 hours ago, Fraunces said:

I do hope so!

and how could we all not intensively follow your stories, they always spice things up around here with some comedy and fun action. A shame this story is already at an (unresolved) end, but knowing you, we will see more storylines developing 

Isn't life full of cliff-hangers?  I want to answer the open points in the sequel. But that has still to be written :pir-grin:

Don't they say "Een kruimeltje is ook brood"? :pir-grin:

(Pity, we did not manage to visit the Netherlands over Easter. We'll be back in May.)

I missed most of the chapters, but now I have to read them all! The scenes (in particular the office) are very nice, with a lot of nice details and clever usage of the parts. As usual, great job!

Back in time for tea!  What a happy conclusion to this thrilling adventure. :pir-grin:  And I strongly suspect the green man will resurface one of these fine days, so probably Sholmes and Sonwat will have plenty of work in the days to come as well :pir-laugh:

On 4/11/2023 at 6:41 PM, Keymonus said:

I missed most of the chapters, but now I have to read them all! The scenes (in particular the office) are very nice, with a lot of nice details and clever usage of the parts. As usual, great job!

Thanks. All of the chapters are linked in this post, so enjoy reading!

On 4/12/2023 at 10:19 PM, Kai NRG said:

Back in time for tea!  What a happy conclusion to this thrilling adventure. :pir-grin:  And I strongly suspect the green man will resurface one of these fine days, so probably Sholmes and Sonwat will have plenty of work in the days to come as well :pir-laugh:

Yes. They call it a "sequel" when these things happen :pir-grin:

1 hour ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

It was a mask?!? What a twist! 

Nowadays masks are popular in the mission impossible franchise.

But my inspiration is actually on those older French films.

I might change this in a sequel :pir-grin: