I wonder if the UCS 1989 batmobile windscreen (56074pb01) could be used to make a MOC (or a MOC-ery :P) of this set?

Well, I guess ill be trying that in LDCAD in a few hours but with the original body work firstĀ 

Edited by SNIPE

From Brickset:

"The real-life 4-wheel drive hypercarā€™s electric powered 7 speed transmission has been replicated in precise scale in this new model"

I didn't think the car would have a transmission, I guess this makes price a bit more palitable? On the other hand, adds to cost, undoubtedly will be over complicated, and will be harder to play with, as lots of friction/clicking

At the exact frame at 0:39 min in the video you can see the same blue shock absorber they used in the front. It us push rod, but i think the LBG 5l beams and 2x3x1 curved panels seem to simulate pull rod?

Front diff seems to only drive the "electric motor"...

First vehicle with 2 diffs which aren't connected?

Same 12 stickers for the tail lights is ridiculous!

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Maybe it's just me, but when I looked at this pic (quoted intentionally) I thought it looked more than okay

I agree with you, R0sch is just being dramatic imo.

Considering the constraints of Technic panels I think the designer's done a very reasonable job of recreating the proportions of the real thing, which looks goofy as hell anyway.

There's no stylistic choices anywhere nearly as egregious as in the previous 1:10 cars, for example the 911 RSR's entire front end and tiny wheels.

16 hours ago, msk6003 said:

Ā 

I already heard 3x5 doublecross beam will come in future set. I don't know what set will be but I think this is that set.

YES

cap.png

That part looks useful and I welcome it, but I'm still waiting for that elusive 4L pin that even Chinese brands have adopted.

54 minutes ago, Polarlicht said:

Same 12 stickers for the tail lights is ridiculous!

Agree. Normally they will print a part if the set contains more than one needed.Ā 

liking the new recolors and the 3x5 flip flop beams

EDIT: nope, the 1989 batmobile windscreen does not look right when I made a mocup in LDCAD :|I guess we will just have to have no windscrwindscrwindscreen.

Are the wheels, tires, and wheel arches the same as on the 42154 ford gt?

Edited by SNIPE

7 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

who is the designer guy showing in instructions

At 7:31? It says ā€œKasper Rene Hansenā€.

5 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

ah thanks. seems to be a new guy in Technic

Ā 

Since June 2019 according to his LinkedIn, and apparently a few months in 2015. From what Iā€™ve read he designed some of the Monster Jam trucks.

6 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

ah thanks. seems to be a new guy in Technic

Ā 

He's been working at TLG for a while now. He designs the Monster Jam trucks and also designed the Volvo polybag loader.

18 minutes ago, LvdH said:

At 7:31? It says ā€œKasper Rene Hansenļ»æā€.

I wonder if it is the same Kasper Hansen that did a 1:8 scale Audi R8 as a C model to the 42056 some years ago. He teased it and mentioned doing instructions but unfortunately they where never published - probably not completed. I actually got an additional 42056 just for doing that C model and it's been waiting on the shelf ever since.

Edited by jensrodi
Corrections for spelling...

Just watched the videos available on YouTube. Good to see front and rear suspension and think for a Technic model itā€™s a pretty good version of a modern Le Mans car at this scale. Not sure if Iā€™ll buy it though at least not until I find it discounted and then it can go next to the McLaren F1 car

Are there enough new panelsĀ inĀ dark bluish gray to build a big 1:8 scale MOC or no?Ā Thereā€™s a car that I wanted to build that would look perfect in this color.

5 hours ago, artemisovsky said:

Driver's cab would look better with an additional pillar located centrally in place of the windshield.

Exactly what I thought. Also, I think it could look better if the roof was 1 stud shorter, the curvature would be better placed. But with these parts it cannot be done I guess, those new curved corner pieces are just too big there.

3 hours ago, msk6003 said:

YES

cap.png

Great! :)

I really like the little front fake electric motor.Ā 

2 hours ago, SNIPE said:

Are the wheels, tires, and wheel arches the same as on the 42154 ford gt?ļ»æ

No, the archesĀ are the ones from Batmobile 42127, and the wheels/tires are the same as the rears on 42127.