Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

ESL troops open fire

The musketeers have joined the fray, and under the protection of the pikemen, open fire on the Lotii. Smoke billows from the muskets...

line.jpg

hi2.jpg
A few more pix:

Spoiler

close1.jpg

close3.jpg

hi1.jpg

All C&C welcome.

Great photo shooting! The pikemen look dangerous in the defensive position. :vader:  Impressive how the musketeers and pikemen start the battle.

I have to echo Jeff here, I do also love the pike/musket formations of the slightly earlier period that you use for Eslandola. Great posing and landscaping as well!

On 3/29/2023 at 1:08 PM, Jeff of Clubs said:

Ha ha! I do love a good Tercio! Well done! Nailed the Eslandolan feel.

On 3/31/2023 at 1:00 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

There it is, the tercio!

Excellent creation!

Thanks to both of you! I think the tercio gives Eslandola a distinct feel from Corrington or Oleon.

On 3/29/2023 at 8:13 AM, NOD said:

Great photo shooting! The pikemen look dangerous in the defensive position. :vader:  Impressive how the musketeers and pikemen start the battle.

On 3/30/2023 at 11:33 PM, Ayrlego said:

I have to echo Jeff here, I do also love the pike/musket formations of the slightly earlier period that you use for Eslandola. Great posing and landscaping as well!

Thanks to both of you as well! I would have liked to have posed them in an offensive formation, which would have been more appropriate for this battle, but that takes a bit more space (and more figs!). The defensive formation can be done in a smaller space, and it still looks menacing. :pir-grin:

Thanks again to everyone for the comments!

3 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Thanks to both of you! I think the tercio gives Eslandola a distinct feel from Corrington or Oleon.

Thanks to both of you as well! I would have liked to have posed them in an offensive formation, which would have been more appropriate for this battle, but that takes a bit more space (and more figs!). The defensive formation can be done in a smaller space, and it still looks menacing. :pir-grin:

Thanks again to everyone for the comments!

Let's just hope the Lotii don't have a King Gustavus Adolphus:pir_laugh2:!