spaceman76

The Purple Waves

On a remote and desert planet, a space mining facility has been build to use the minerals from the colorfull water. The location is on top of a cliff bank surrounded by the harsh and barren nature. 

This is my first attempt to build a space/sci fi microscale moc. The idea came along when I bought the 1x1 trans dark purple bricks with glitter on the side. Here i saw how i might could work as water, using the glitter as sunbeam effect. The rock piece is a whole lot of crazy angles, allowing the gaps to be present as a way of showing the rough sculpturing. The facility is mostly disc buildings with gear pieces as windows and walls. Finally the pipe line that absorb the minerals from the water. 

The Purple Waves. A micro scale space mining facility moc I build a month a go. I am really happy with the moc, especially the water. The water is 1x1 bricks in dark purple with glitter on the side.

The Purple Waves. A micro scale space mining facility moc I build a month a go. I am really happy with the moc, especially the water. The water is 1x1 bricks in dark purple with glitter on the side.

The Purple Waves. A micro scale space mining facility moc I build a month a go. I am really happy with the moc, especially the water. The water is 1x1 bricks in dark purple with glitter on the side.The Purple Waves. A micro scale space mining facility moc I build a month a go. I am really happy with the moc, especially the water. The water is 1x1 bricks in dark purple with glitter on the side.The Purple Waves. A micro scale space mining facility moc I build a month a go. I am really happy with the moc, especially the water. The water is 1x1 bricks in dark purple with glitter on the side.

Edited by spaceman76

Nothing more to add ...

... so incredibly nice - and very well done. It may be just me, but I like the calmness - in that harsh and barren environment. As if they live in symbiosis ...

Beautiful.

Best wishes,
Thorsten

Honestly, both the topic title and design of the MOC remind me of late-60's to mid-70's sci-fi book cover art... which is a good thing!

Fantastic job!

Edited by Murdoch17

I'll echo the comments above. Great work. The wave action visual created by the offset bricks is brilliant as well.

Have you tried making the background out of bricks? I Think that would take this art to the next level

On 4/10/2023 at 6:27 PM, Time77 said:

Have you tried making the background out of bricks? I Think that would take this art to the next level

I will keep that in mind

On 4/10/2023 at 9:27 AM, Time77 said:

It doesn't even need to be complicated either, maybe just a big black plate and then a bunch of little tiles for stars, moons, microscale rocketship, etc. Could be a good excuse to use a DOTS set.

Edited by Henchmen4Hire