Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

LOTR customs

Hi everyone, here are some Lord of the Rings customs ive been working on.

2650168043_e45659de71_o.jpg

This is Aragorn. The sword isnt the best, but i dont have any better ones.

2674310943_c3a4abb052_o.jpg

Legolas the Elf. Im still working on him, he needs blond hair. Credit to LuxorV for the awesome decal!

2650995798_af0a0b6778_o.jpg

Gimli the Dwarf. Im not sure if I want to change his beard to light brown or not yet. The helmets not right, I might chop off the wings, but its the only one that fits on with the beard.

2650996004_9ffc59045e_o.jpg

Frodo the Hobbit. Im not sure that the face is right, im still working on it. I think an Ep2 Anakin torso would work better, but i dont have that one.

2650168871_aa5f1774d2_o.jpg

Sam, Frodos gardener. Not much to this one, too bad the jedi torso is yellow. :sadnew:

2660318252_97e970c8d2_o.jpg

Gandalf the Grey wizard.

Comments are welcome. :classic:

Edited by JimButcher

One small note about Gimli: Don't you have any of the smaller helmets? They would be fine; particularly the bronze one. :wink:

And I will note that Gimli's beard is lighter in hue in reality although it almost always seems darker. The color is fine. :sweet:

I like the customs, although you're not the first one (nor the last) to make LotR-figs.

I just have GASP at you for mentioning that you'd chop of the wings from the dwarf helmet. Firstly, you'll just ruin the helmet by doing that, and secondly, you can get wingless dwarf helmets from the Dwarven Mine or the Troll Warship. Sorry, but damaged LEGO bricks just hurt me inside. :cry_sad:

... And yes, I'm aware many people reshape their bricks to customize their figs, but it doesn't make it hurt any less.

I like the customs, although you're not the first one (nor the last) to make LotR-figs.

I just have GASP at you for mentioning that you'd chop of the wings from the dwarf helmet. Firstly, you'll just ruin the helmet by doing that, and secondly, you can get wingless dwarf helmets from the Dwarven Mine or the Troll Warship. Sorry, but damaged LEGO bricks just hurt me inside. :cry_sad:

... And yes, I'm aware many people reshape their bricks to customize their figs, but it doesn't make it hurt any less.

Hmm, now thats something I didnt realize, thanks for pointing it out! :sweet: And thanks all for the feedback. :wink:

Heres Gandalf:

2660318252_97e970c8d2_o.jpg

A simple fig. Dont ask me what his staff is, its not LEGO, but I dont know what it is. I just found it in my minifig box. Ill go ahead and add the pic to the first post.

Use the bronze wingless helmet on Gimli. It works quite nicely with the red arms as well!

Here's Legolas with a decal. All credit to LuxorV for the decal:

2674311119_3aa75113b0_o.jpg

2674310943_c3a4abb052_o.jpg

Very nice!

What you need(if you want) to do:

1. Get Aragorn a better sword and he needs something brown.

2. Get better hair for Legolas and put something green on him.

3. You need to put some brown clothes on Frodo and change his hair to something darker.

4. Gimli needs better helm and brown beard.

5. Gandalf needs his blue-gray hat.

How?

1. Take the sword that the old lego castle kings use to have, put something brown on him and add his gloves.

2. Just paint the hairpiece or take the latest desert-Luke's hair.

3. Frodo wears brown, if you have brown pieces, put them on him... :tongue: or else just paint some old crappy pieces brown. Also change his hair to something more... Frodo. A normal brown hair would do it. Oh and change his face to the first desert-Luke's face (what would we do without you Luke?)or something like that, the face you have now fits better to Sam... :grin:

4. Cut a KK helmet ( :knight: ) and paint the beard you have brown.

5. Just take a wizard hat (and paint it if it's not the color you want)...

This would make them look more like they do in the movies... :tongue: :classic:

Edited by ¹²³←

Thanks for the suggestions, 123. Actually, Gimli's hair is light brown, if you watch the movies. I have to still get blond Qui Goon hair for Legolas, and you are right: some brown on Aragorn would be better. I'll take these into consideration next time I tinker with my customs.

I'd also recommend a long brown rod and brown cone piece for Gandalf's staff. They look nice.

Oh! here's another idea - find some way to attack the sword to Aragorn's waist, paint it black except for the handle, cut the pistons off, and you have Narsil in its scabbard!

Legolas

+

Gandalf

=

Great!

However, I suggest one of the Wizard Staff's for Gandalf. They're available at Brickforge. :wink:

Thanks for the suggestions, 123. Actually, Gimli's hair is light brown, if you watch the movies. I have to still get blond Qui Goon hair for Legolas, and you are right: some brown on Aragorn would be better. I'll take these into consideration next time I tinker with my customs.
Well he certainly does not have orange hair, and I rather call this dark than light:

gimli.jpg

Fear not! :wink:

Edited by ¹²³←

Those figs look really nice... Did some with my ex some time ago. You can see them on my gallery.

And we did not have the new dwarf figs :P

Greetings, Aredhel