Sign in to follow this  
Pchan1983

REVIEW: 10312 Jazz Club

Here is my review on 10312 Jazz Club:

THE GOOD

• Looks great and much better than product photos.
  • Just enough new building techniques and design to keep the experience refreshing.
  • The Green House even though the tomatoes a bit big =P
  • Great selection of exclusive parts (new pizza, cello ... etc)

THE NOT SO GOOD

• A few hard to access areas where it limits the visibility of some very nice small details in this set.
  • Not really fitting the colour scheme of other modulars, I still couldn't figure out which 2 other modulars are best to put beside this.
  • May be just mine but the side of the roof seems to be 0.5mm wider than the next level down.

I really like this set in the end, it may not be my top modular but it has plenty of greatness I appreciate.  One thing I want to note is that some of the new building techniques really make this another refreshing build, because if you have owned a lot of modulars, it can become a bit repetitive at time, the new ways of building things are so crucial and I think this set has done it right.  On its own, the Jazz Club looks really good and I do think the actual colour combination looks way better than what's in the product photos.  The highlights for me are the green house and the entrance.  The green house is such a cool build you could reuse the same techniques elsewhere although the tomatoes are definitely too big and I also wonder what are the herbs the chef is planting =P  The entrance also great.  This sets also comes with a great selection of new parts both printed and recolour of existing bricks.  Minifigures comes with some very cool exclusive prints (at least for now it's exclusive to this set).  I wish they include a few more minifigures to be the audience of the show but anyway I have an excessive amount of minifigures so doesn't really bother me.  There are so much cool small details in this set which brings me to the few criticism of this set.  While it's a common issues with modular build like this, some of the areas are quite hard to access or view unless you break the wall apart.  Also may be it was just my set but the one side of the roof seems to be sticking out around 0.5mm, it's very minor but it sometimes trigger the OCD inside of me.  Otherwise, this set is very good.  While not the top of all modulars but it really has enough greatness that made me recommend this to everyone.