Sign in to follow this  
Bodi

[OL-FB] Kurenai

To support the founding of a new settlement on the island of Kojima, a carrack was commissioned to ship men and provisions on a regular basis. Due to the non-profit nature of these trips, at least in the beginning, settlers could only request the services of low-bidding ship owners, for example this old captain and his out-of-date carrack.

jdhlU.jpg

jd1Zv.jpg

jdnBY.jpg

jd7cq.jpg

OOC: This can be considered as an upgrade to the Armada Flagship, although I don't own that set, I only have two bow pieces from it, but I still wanted to try to work out something out of them. These bow pieces provided a good basis to start with, but the curved blue stripe looks quite odd, if we want to build anything ressembling to a real world model. Instead of covering these stripes with plates, I tried to keep that curve and to have a curved shape. So ships like carracks and cogs that suit most, I can still use these prefab pieces, while keeping a relatively realistic look. The building process was quite fun, and I was able to complete it in a week, with reasonable effort.:pirate:

7 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

You taped the sails !? :pir-laugh:

Noticed this curved railing with reddish brown tiles. I will certainly borrow the idea.

Yes, I said reasonable effort, which includes but not limited to paper sails and adhesive tape to hold them in place.:pir-triumph:

Very beautiful and well-built carrack. :pir-love:  I like how you put the upper parts of the bow and stern at an angle. It doesn't looks quite odd to me.

I'm really digging this carrack. This is far superior to the Armada Flagship. I also don't mind the paper sail, I think they look good.

It's a good looking ship! I really dig the colours, and it fits the size really quite well!

I personally actually am a fan of cardboard/paper sails, as to me they fit in really well with the general Lego esthetic, rather than those extremely realistic sails at times!

I like it! Good job turning those old hull pieces into a proper ship. Instantly recognizable. I particularly like the forecastle. :pir-thumb:

10 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

I rather like this build.  Nice work.

Glad you like lt, Kwatchi.

9 hours ago, NOD said:

Very beautiful and well-built carrack. :pir-love:  I like how you put the upper parts of the bow and stern at an angle. It doesn't looks quite odd to me.

Thank you, Nod. The angled parts are supposed to work as extensions to that blue stripe, those bi-tone hull pieces look good on official sets, not sure if they are the best choice to ship mocs though.  

4 hours ago, DeathCap said:

I'm really digging this carrack. This is far superior to the Armada Flagship. I also don't mind the paper sail, I think they look good.

Thank you, DeathCap, glad you like it.

4 hours ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

It's a good looking ship! I really dig the colours, and it fits the size really quite well!

I personally actually am a fan of cardboard/paper sails, as to me they fit in really well with the general Lego esthetic, rather than those extremely realistic sails at times!

Thank you, Thomas Waagenaar. It's a multicoloured boat, a little <insert that tiresome argument> maybe.:pir-grin:

4 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I like it! Good job turning those old hull pieces into a proper ship. Instantly recognizable. I particularly like the forecastle. :pir-thumb:

Glad you like it, Capt Wolf. I tried to build pirates ships with my dragon knight bricks when I was a kid, now I have these hull pieces, it would be a shame not using them.

On 3/30/2023 at 2:13 AM, Jeff of Clubs said:

Bully build! I too have these hull pieces and struggle with them! Well done!

Thank you Jeff of Clubs. Looking forward to your ship.

3 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Nice one! Definitely looks like a relic from an era long gone! :pir_tong2:

Thanks BD! It also fits well to older fellows like us.:pir_tong2:

9 hours ago, Bodi said:

Thank you Jeff of Clubs. Looking forward to your ship.

Put it up a few months back. Nothing special but it is a thought for getting around the limits of the hull.

I had this kit as a kiddo and I grabbed the hull bits off Ebay for a decent price, in a fit of nostalgia. It wasn't until I got ahold of them again that I remembered what I learned all those years ago; these are tough parts to incorporate nicely.

Patrol Galley

5 hours ago, Bodi said:

Thanks BD! It also fits well to older fellows like us.:pir_tong2:

:pir-hmpf_bad: Definitely though! :pir-bawling::pir_laugh2:

Have to say I also really dig the design of this one, just classic and realistic together. Some more action on board and in the sails would really finish this one off, but still just a small beauty 

On 4/1/2023 at 2:00 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Yes, this is an upgrade to the armada flagship. Nice shape!

Thank you Captain Braunsfeld.

On 4/6/2023 at 5:10 AM, Fraunces said:

Have to say I also really dig the design of this one, just classic and realistic together. Some more action on board and in the sails would really finish this one off, but still just a small beauty 

Thank you Fraunces. Most of my bricks are stored elsewhere, including all my figs, I'll see if I can pick them up today.