Yuzuf

help me with convertible mechanism :)

hello, I'm working on a 1:10 supercar project, it'll be convertible. I can't find many good convertible solutions on youtube until I came across the PF tribute by Jeroen Ottens:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-31199/Jeroen Ottens/the-pf-tribute-a-convertible-supercar

I loved the way the roof folded out and back in like the real car but I can't seem to distinguish how he managed to do that since he didn't show much of the car itself. Does anyone know how it works, or how I can create a convertible mechanism without using up much space?

ive posted images with the space I have (sorry my camera isnt that good)

Edited by Milan
Removed 8K images. Do not host images on EB, use any image hosting site, and link the images. Max allowed size is 1024x1024

You can buy Jerone instructions.

You can find some examples of real mechanisms on the internet, and then try to replicate it. 

Build some basic model, mechanism, which could be for that folding roof, try to improve it.

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

You can buy Jerone instructions.

You can find some examples of real mechanisms on the internet, and then try to replicate it. 

Build some basic model, mechanism, which could be for that folding roof, try to improve it.

1. I live in a foreign country and the instructions are really expensive  for me.

2. im trying to do that right now, will update on that

3. Ive made a basic convertible mechanism, but I cannot figure out how to make the roof fold and unfold

33 minutes ago, Munchkin255 said:

Maybe check out 4993 LEGO Creator Cool Convertible. It has a nice and simple mechanism.

I checked it out and unfortunately wont work for my car, since I dont have much length space but have enough height space, im trying to develop a mechanism that will fold the roof and unfold it