Jecho66

Trying to built a MOC build model

Hi fellow Lego builders,

This is my first post and I hope I am placing this on the correct Topic. Maybe else the Admin/Moderator can tell me where else I could ask my question.

I rediscovered Lego a few months ago when I bought the Camaro Z/28. After that, I was hooked and had to buy the Ford Mustang and very recently I bought the Porsche 911 Turbo/Targa (10925).
After looking around on the internet, I found the website Rebrickable. Here I saw the Porsche 911 Turbo/Targa and saw that they were talking about building the two in one.
The thing I liked was that someone had built the Porsche 911 Targa with the 911 Turbo wing. I think that looks very nice.
In that topic, it was told that to build that model, you would need to get some extra parts. Because some parts of the wing are also used in the Targa.
They had placed the list of parts. I had tried to figure out the part numbers so that I could order those parts, but I was unable. On that site, I also place my question if someone could give the part numbers. But now, several months later, no one had responded to my request.

I hope that someone here could help me.
These are the parts for which I would like to know the part numbers;
1 pcs 1x6 flat tile white
3 pcs 1x2 grooved tile black
2 pcs 2x2 curved flat tile black (also used in spoiler)
2 pcs 3x3 round plate black (also used in spoiler)

Many thanks in advance for your reply, help, and time.

Welcome @Jecho66, I would suggest looking up the set on either bricklink or brickset, there you can view the parts list and find the appropriate part number, making your search much easier. There may be other easier ways of doing it but if you don't have the actual printed instruction book, that is the way I would do it. Obviously if you do have the instructions, just simply look at the parts list to identify the part number you seek.

Rebrickable gives the part numbers in the inventory tab.

If MLCAD was used to make the building instructions, it will not have part numbers. Some building instructions do not even have a parts list.

Bricklink gives alternate part numbers when available for any part. Just click on the part.

Edited by 1963maniac

Hi @Johnny1360,

Thanks for your tip. I was thinking of maybe just start building it, because I have the building instructions of the original set, and see which parts I am missing.
But that would mean, that every time I need to stop the build and order one or two parts.
For me, it would be nice to have everything already when I start, so I can build in one go.:wink:

1963maniac just mentioned something about the inventory at Rebrickable. I had one more look and saw that if you hover over a part, it will give a description. I think I will try to find the parts that way. :classic:

Hi @1963maniac,

Thanks for your reply.
I saw the inventory list at that built, but I did not see any details of the parts. I thought it was just a full list of all the parts.
Until I moved my mouse over the part and suddenly saw more details.

I think I will just hover over the parts that think they are and see the details and maybe that way I can find the correct part numbers.

Again, thanks :classic:

Edited by Jecho66

On Bricklink a wanted list can be created and used to order the parts needed.

If you become a member of Rebrickable and create a "my parts list", Rebrickable will tell you which parts you need for any given MOC or set. You may only need to put a few set numbers in to create a "my parts list". So, when you are logged in as a member on Rebrickable, the inventory will highlight the parts you need. 

Welcome back to Lego. The more ALFs (Adult Lego Fan) we have, the better the hobby is.

Edited by 1963maniac

@1963maniac,

I am logged in on Rebrickable and I already had entered the three sets I have.
"My Parts List" is empty and I can only add new parts one by one.

I played a little bit with the "options" in the inventory list, but it is only showing me missing parts that are not part of that MOC.
I mean, the parts that it is showing don't match the description of the parts that I need. I only need four different parts, but it shows me more than 10 parts.
I am new to Rebrickable and maybe I am not sure what I am doing or where exactly to look. Sorry.

I think the thing is, that the inventory is for the standard set built. But I want to change the standard built a little.
I want to build the 911 Targa with the Turbo wing.

I already hover over the parts to get the details, but there are still a few parts where the description doesn't match and I am not sure if it is the right part. 
I was hoping that maybe someone already had built it and would know the part numbers.
That's why my question here. :classic:

1 hour ago, Jecho66 said:

@1963maniac,
"My Parts List" is empty and I can only add new parts one by one.

"My Parts List" is for your loose parts that are not included in a set. Selecting "All my parts" will show every part from your set list and parts list. Maybe, that is what you need to check.

9 hours ago, Jecho66 said:

Hi @Johnny1360,

Thanks for your tip. I was thinking of maybe just start building it, because I have the building instructions of the original set, and see which parts I am missing.
But that would mean, that every time I need to stop the build and order one or two parts.
For me, it would be nice to have everything already when I start, so I can build in one go.:wink:

i @1963maniac

Lol of course not that would be ridiculous, sorry I guess I totally misunderstood what you were looking for.