800x574.jpg

(Still at South Cothelstone Hall)

Dr. Thinkslow-Shootfast quickly closes and locks the door to the room which Herlock Sholmes and Dr. Sonwat had entered.

800x645.jpg

Dr. Thinkslow-Shootfast (or is he?): (to himself) “That was easy!”

800x708.jpg

“That door will hold them for some time. Enough time for me to….”

(leaves)

(Cut into the room with our heroes)

800x503.jpg

Dr. Sonwat: “Well here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten me into.”

Sholmes: “That door is locked. And massive.”

Dr. Sonwat: “Yepp.”

800x500.jpg

Sholmes: “Surely you brought your pistol so that we can shoot our way out.”

Dr. Sonwat: “Nope.”

800x657.jpg

Sholmes (looks out the window): “We are high up in a tower. No way we could escape through the windows.”

400x335.jpg

(Sholmes sits down)

Sholmes: “I doubt that Dr. Thinkslow-Shootfast is himself. I guess he has been replaced by someone who just looks like him.”

Dr. Sonwat: “Just as it happened with Lord Rushinthought and Lord Fortescue.”

Sholmes: “The fake Dr. Thinkslow-Shootfast went to the ‘Crab and Lobster Club’. There he must have heard about the horse race money and the diamond.”

Dr. Sonwat: “And then he changed his disguise and stole both of them.”

Sholmes: “He must have prepared those disguises earlier on. We are dealing with someone who is quite clever.”

Dr. Sonwat: “Yepp.”

(Both pause to think)

800x561.jpg

Dr. Sonwat: “So, we found that the key to this mystery is Dr. Thinkslow-Shootfast.”

Sholmes: “Yes, but unfortunately what we need now is the key to this room.”

800x760.jpg

Dr. Sonwat: “Which is just outside the room outside of our reach.”

(They wait)

Sholmes (tosses his hat on the floor): “We let ourselves get trapped. How could we be so stupid?”

Dr. Sonwat: “Curiosity killed the cat.”

Sholmes: “We did not even inform Inspector Destrale.”

(They wait)

800x580.jpg

Sholmes: “This time, I do not know what is going to save us. Do you?”

(They wait)

(Cut to outside the room)

800x638.jpg

(to be continued)

This episode's hidden quote:

Spoiler

“Well here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten me into.” - A reference to Laurel & Hardy

The storyline so far: (The Adventure of the Horse Race Money)

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

Chapter 8 (you are here)

Chapter 9

12 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Clever continuation of the story.

Yepp

12 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

That organ is killer. Simple but effective !

Yepp

:pir-laugh:

Interesting continuation of the story. Who would have thought that the thief would have masqueraded as Dr. Thinkslow-Shootfast and is already in the house?

How can Herlock Sholmes and Dr. Sonwat escape from the tower room?

1. They make a lockpick out of the sextant on the wall. With this they can open the door.

2. Aladdin is in town on vacation. He wants to visit the building with his flying carpet. Herlock Sholmes holds his cap out the window and waves it. Aladdin sees it and Herlock Sholmes and Dr. Sonwat can climb onto the carpet and escape.

3. Outside the room I can see someone reaching for the key. It is the Marquis, a friend of both of them, who will set them free.

I am quite sure that it is answer 2. :pir-huzzah1: 

Edited by NOD

A great continuation!  I love the furniture in the room where they've been trapped.  I'm not sure I trust the Marquis to just politely release them though... I bet he wants bananas for ransom :pir-laugh:

He was wearing boots!  Of course.  Love that organ too, I expect that's what the marquis is actually there for (I have the idea we've seen him playing before, haven't we?).  The question is, where (and who!) is the fake Dr. Thinkslow-Shootfast is now... :pir-grin:

17 hours ago, NOD said:

Interesting continuation of the story. Who would have thought that the thief would have masqueraded as Dr. Thinkslow-Shootfast and is already in the house?

How can Herlock Sholmes and Dr. Sonwat escape from the tower room?

1. They make a lockpick out of the sextant on the wall. With this they can open the door.

2. Aladdin is in town on vacation. He wants to visit the building with his flying carpet. Herlock Sholmes holds his cap out the window and waves it. Aladdin sees it and Herlock Sholmes and Dr. Sonwat can climb onto the carpet and escape.

3. Outside the room I can see someone reaching for the key. It is the Marquis, a friend of both of them, who will set them free.

I am quite sure that it is answer 2. :pir-huzzah1: 

I go for option 4. It turns out they weren't really in this room after all and everything was a dream :pir-huzzah1:

Or the organ reveals a hidden door?

16 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

A great continuation!  I love the furniture in the room where they've been trapped.  I'm not sure I trust the Marquis to just politely release them though... I bet he wants bananas for ransom :pir-laugh:

:pir-laugh:

9 hours ago, Garmadon said:

He was wearing boots!  Of course.  Love that organ too, I expect that's what the marquis is actually there for (I have the idea we've seen him playing before, haven't we?).  The question is, where (and who!) is the fake Dr. Thinkslow-Shootfast is now... :pir-grin:

The marquis is playing the organ?  The drums!!!

6 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I bet 17 Fnarthings and 5 Thrupnenny that it's the Marquis :pir_laugh2: 

I'll see your bet and raise you with my entire tulip farm. I vote for it's all a dream caused by Bannanarite-spiked drink. (spelled that incorrectly, I think)

16 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I bet 17 Fnarthings and 5 Thrupnenny that it's the Marquis :pir_laugh2: 

That's half a gwuinnee. But who would want to cut such a cute animal?

10 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

I'll see your bet and raise you with my entire tulip farm. I vote for it's all a dream caused by Bannanarite-spiked drink. (spelled that incorrectly, I think)

It is a bit strange when the readers seem to know more about my stories than I can remember myself :pir_laugh2: