Sign in to follow this  
Justsomebrix

[COR - FB ] Sawmill, Queenston

When Edward Scarver first arrived on the island, after having set up a logging camp, he organised the construction of a sawmill. Wooden logs from the camp were quickly made into planks and large boards, which enable the rapid expanse of the small hamlet in the form of cabins and various wooden buildings.

Today, despite having grown to a Large Town, the sawmill is still being used everyday, making it the first permanent building in Queenston.

Sawmill mocSawmill mocSawmill moc

----

Will be licenced as a medium factory for Queenston, officially making the settlement a Large Town

I started this build right after I posted the logging camp almost a year ago, but then I lost motivation and forgot about it. Yesterday I decided to just finish the darn moc, so that I could take it apart and start on something new. Hopefully it will take me less than 9 months to finish the next project*huh*

Nice job! I really love that 1x1 reddish brown flower stud as trunk bark texture - works so well!

Nice sawmill powered by a water wheel. The view from above, where I can see how the tree trunks are sawn into boards, is interesting.

I missed this when you first posted it. I really like this! Good job showing how such a lumber mill functions. I particularly like the palm trunk! :thumbup: