I'm back with another car - I'd appreciate any comments :)

Creator Expert scale - matches to Ford Mustang, Porsche etc.

Features:
-working steering wheel;
-openable 4 doors, hood and trunk;
-detailed engine and interior.

Rebrickable

Instagram

Gallery

A0_napisA1A2.2A4A5B1B2B3C1C2C3G1G2G3G4G5G6H2H3I1I21991_jeep_grand_wagoneer-pic-2558221378361249962-1024x7681991_jeep_grand_wagoneer-pic-2720784567091102304-1024x768

City_tyres_1City_tyres_2City_tyres_3City_tyres_4City_tyres_5

Edited by syzygy87

Thanks a lot!

I wanted to build it in sand green, or dark blue - a less bright color, but there are fewer parts available in these colors :( 

Looks great, very well done. I did get a chuckle though as it reminds me a lot of Clark Griswold's Wagon Queen Family Truckster.

I have no affinity with the source material, but I do love this model for how it looks by itself, it really pops!

Well done! Nice detailed smooth finish on the whole build. Also not a fan of the green but understand why,  may be the Landrover brings new Sand Green pieces to try in that color if you can motivate yourself to go through the whole designing process again. Not easy to do that again on a finished model. If any remark I would add some details in the back of the car, picknick basket or something like that.

Nicely done, I like the color scheme, particularly the tan lines across the sides.

The engine bay is a bit too cluttered I think (also noticed it in the F100), but that's literally the only thing I can comment on ;-)

20 hours ago, Berthil said:

. Not easy to do that again on a finished model.

yes, it can be hard to get motivated :)

20 hours ago, Berthil said:

If any remark I would add some details in the back of the car, picknick basket or something like that.

good point, I could have added something for variety.

15 hours ago, BrickWild said:

33 minutes ago, lcvisser said:

The engine bay is a bit too cluttered I think

I'm trying to reflect the chaos of the engine - in the eyes of someone who doesn't know much about it, so it's possible that I exaggerated :)

Thank you all very, very much :) And for the front page too!

Holy wow, this is amazing. I can't believe the detail.......it's very very well done. 

Again - thank you very much! :)

I took pictures on city tires - worse for me, they look like they are too small, but it's the off-road ones that are too big (according to the scaler) :) But a big tire/wheel usually looks better, so that's probably the effect. ..and if I thought only about city tires, the car could sit lower, that would probably help too.

Photos in the first post (the last five).

Edited by syzygy87

There's nothing I dont like about this, I even like the colour. Great work, well done.

Many years ago after going on a business trip to the US and seeing one of these, my friends Dad bought an old Range Rover and, using woodgrain effect Fablon stuck to the sides, tailgate and bonnet, made a desperate and quite honestly embarrassing attempt to recreate it. It looked awful but he liked it and I guess that was all that mattered.

Thanks again! :)

On 3/27/2023 at 12:06 PM, grum64 said:

Many years ago after going on a business trip to the US and seeing one of these, my friends Dad bought an old Range Rover and, using woodgrain effect Fablon stuck to the sides, tailgate and bonnet, made a desperate and quite honestly embarrassing attempt to recreate it. It looked awful but he liked it and I guess that was all that mattered.

To be honest, this wooden trim is quite embarrassing even on original cars - but it looks good on old American wagons.... ;)