Sign in to follow this  
Captain_CreamFields

INDEX: Dark-skinned mini figures

3378119894_af21fdd962_o.gif

:jollyroger: Dark-Skinned Minifigure Index :jollyroger:

What is this index for?

This index is for dark-skinned minifigure head for your Pirate creations.

How is this indexed?

The index in sorted in no particular order.

Anyway you can help?

You can help by giving suggestions and informing us about items that have not been indexed. You can ask questions, give suggestions, and inform us about items that have not been indexed in this very topic

To what extent is this updated?

This index is not updated on a regular basis. Have an item that you think should be in here? Please let us know in this topic.

The Index

3626bpb212.gif 3626bpb159.gif 3626bpx276.gif 3626bpb214.jpg 3626bpb144.gif

3626bpb140.gif 3626bpb154.gif 3626bpb143.jpg 3626bpb139.gif 3626bpb151.gif

3626bp01.gif 3626bpb147.gif 3626bpb142.gif 3626bpb149.gif 3626bpb131.gif

3626bpb146.gif 3626bpb135.gif 3626bpb152.gif 3626bpb141.gif 3626bpb134.gif

3626bpb153.gif 3626bpb145.gif 3626bpb137.gif 3626bpb287.jpg

Edit by Mr. Phes: Added thumblinks of M-F heads.

i want to add some racial diversity to my pirate crew i've already added a few indian faces but would like to add some darker skinned characters can anybody give me a list of the lego figures with a brown skin tone i only know of lando and the bespin guard and all of those go for around 7 pound on ebay thanks

Well, there is, like you mentioned, Lando and the Bespin Guard.

There is also:

The new South American tribesman from the Indiana Jones Temple.

The old basket ball players (though their expressions are obnoxious looking).

From an old ambulance set from last year, there is an African American Doctor.

They may not be the appropriate skin color, but the Emperor's Palace from the Adventurers features Asian facial features, and the Scorpion palace features a few turbans (as does HP's Prof. Qurriel)

They may not be the appropriate skin color, but the Emperor's Palace from the Adventurers features Asian facial features

So does the Emperor's Ship. Not to mention the Ninja theme. :pir-classic: And the Asian faces from Orient Expedition and Indian faces from Wild West actually fit well for alternative Islander faces - they look more Native American that way. And speaking of Islanders from the Pirate line - their painted faces can be considered dark skin (well, they're yellow of course, but the whole point of yellow is that it's not race-specific).

Do I feel another index coming on? :pir-grin:

I think BrickLink has all ready "Indexed" them in their reference section. :pir-wink:

(Although i think someone did say they were going to make a M-F Index :pir-look: )

Here are some links of racial diverse figs:

3626bpb212.gif 3626bpb159.gif 3626bpx276.gif 3626bpb214.jpg 3626bpb144.gif

3626bpb140.gif 3626bpb154.gif 3626bpb143.jpg 3626bpb139.gif 3626bpb151.gif

3626bp01.gif 3626bpb147.gif 3626bpb142.gif 3626bpb149.gif 3626bpb131.gif

3626bpb146.gif 3626bpb135.gif 3626bpb152.gif 3626bpb141.gif 3626bpb134.gif

3626bpb153.gif 3626bpb145.gif 3626bpb137.gif 3626bpb287.jpg

thanks for the great help everyone i was aiming for either the Ugha Warrior or lando but they were all quite expensive so i settled for three ambulance drivers, i'll just have to give them black hands and pretend they're wearing gloves haha

3626bpb132.gif

Not dark-skinned - I do believe that's Jason Kidd, who is....light-skinned. Although, I could be wrong and I just made a fool of myself.

EDIT: Cross-checking has lead me to find myself correct. That head does belong to light-skinned Jason Kidd.

EDIT 2: Now, why didn't I just click the head? D'oh!

Edited by Lt. Col. Thok

castlebuilder, that's the Bespin guard from 6209 Slave I. It's mentioned many times, but for some reason it's not pictured.

3626bp01.gif

3626bpb132.gif

Not dark-skinned - I do believe that's Jason Kidd, who is....light-skinned. Although, I could be wrong and I just made a fool of myself.

I don't see the ones listed that Rocko used here.

I made that thumb-link list in less than 15 minutes.

So it might not be perfect. :pir-wink:

EDIT 2: Now, why didn't I just click the head? D'oh!

LOL :pir-laugh:

castlebuilder, that's the Bespin guard from 6209 Slave I. It's mentioned many times, but for some reason it's not pictured.

3626bp01.gif

Thank you Torerik. :thumbup:

I switched out Jason Kidd for Bespin guard.

I hope everyone is copasetic now. :pir-grin:

"i want to add some racial diversity to my pirate crew i've already added a few indian faces but would like to add some darker skinned characters can anybody give me a list of the lego figures with a brown skin tone i only know of lando and the bespin guard and all of those go for around 7 pound on ebay thanks"

Well realistic cause- it is said that third of the pirates were indeed blacks- so there is need for them when building more realistic moc- was any of those pictured heads Mace Windu from the old Turbotanks another version? (non light-up) -i have only the new Clone Wars Mace and i use him as black pirate or slave as well- his face is of course one of those scrappy cw-faces but one of the best of them i think- i also do have Lando and those arabs/indians from the new indysets- great for a muslim barbary pirates or tanned europeans- also the chinese can be get from the Shanghai chase or old oriental expediion series.... But lego should do more Blacks they are hard to get...

Edited by Swash Buckler

Earlier this year I found this set (3565) in a shop (didn't think it would still be available, must've been lying there for a loooong time, it was significantly discount too) and bought it for the sole purpose of having more dark-skinned faces for my pirates.

Since I don't own any fleshie figs, I'd like to ask, is the brown color the standard reddish brown, or some special "fleshie" brown?

Since I don't own any fleshie figs, I'd like to ask, is the brown color the standard reddish brown, or some special "fleshie" brown?

Current dark-skinned figs use either 192 Reddish Brown (Storm, Nick Fury, Power Man, Mace Windu, Lando Calrissian) or 312 Medium Nougat (Captain Panaka, Andrea from LEGO Friends). I assume by 'special "fleshie" brown' you mean Bricklink's Dark Flesh, which is officially called 217 Brown and was only used between 2004 and 2006. Some dark-skinned figs from the Indiana Jones theme also use 38 Dark Orange, which could still show up again in the future since it's still on The LEGO Group's color palette.

Current dark-skinned figs use either 192 Reddish Brown (Storm, Nick Fury, Power Man, Mace Windu, Lando Calrissian) or 312 Medium Nougat (Captain Panaka, Andrea from LEGO Friends). I assume by 'special "fleshie" brown' you mean Bricklink's Dark Flesh, which is officially called 217 Brown and was only used between 2004 and 2006. Some dark-skinned figs from the Indiana Jones theme also use 38 Dark Orange, which could still show up again in the future since it's still on The LEGO Group's color palette.

I actually didn't mean anything, since I had no idea such a color existed :laugh:. But thanks, that's just what I wanted to know.

When you say dark skinned do the Comanche figures from the Lone Ranger Sets count?? They might not be perfect for pirates but they do have the darker than normal heads.

6036514.jpg6033545.jpg6043608.jpg6043021.jpg

Sorry about the large size of the images!! I have no clue how to shrink them!!! pirate_cry4.gif

Edited by Mutant Orc

As Aanchir mentioned Captain Panaka, I noticed he wasn't on this thread's list:

CP.jpg