Sign in to follow this  
Justsomebrix

[COR - Free Build] Public Execution, Queenston

It was a busy Friday evening at the Queenston harbour, the settlement had received a constant flow of new settlers, eager to start a new life on the frontier, but coutious enough to wait for the settlement to grow a bit before settling there. 

The Dockmaster was busy directing the merchants and collecting their docking fees.

Meanwhile, the mailman’s son, Jim Hawkins, was running around town delivering mail for his sick father. He arrived at the Dockmasters office with a letter from his cousin in Port Raleigh, but when Jimmy knocked at the door he heard a large thud coming from the narrow alley next of the house. He went to inspect the sound, but what he found was a rough, strange looking man holding a sack of coins. The boy stood silently and looked in the eyes of the man, who himself had froze upon discovering he had been caught. Jimmy’s eyes slowly looked to the left where he could see the broken window the man had come out of. Now having realised what he had witnessed, frozen in fear, he watched as the man took his finger in front of his mouth, signalling the boy to stay silent. In a sudden and explosive move Jimmy turned around and shouted towards the main street : “THIEF!! THIEF!!!Thi..” But before he could run away, he was silenced by a knife to the back. But the commotion had caught the attention of some sailors on the docks, and before the thief could get away, the men caught up to him and beat him bloody.

People gathered around the boy and the doctor was called in a hurry, but the boy was already gone.

A jury was assembled and a trial was held at the Town Hall the next day. It was revealed that the thief, Jules Moche, had been a recruit of la Légion Etrangère, but was dishonourably discharged for disobedience and cowardice in battle. The jury’s decision was quick and final, for an attempted robbery and the murderer of Jim Hawkins, the coward Jules Moche was to be executed… by Guillotine.

The next day, a guillotine was constructed next to the town hall and will stay there as a reminder to what awaits murderers in Queenston.

Guillotine

On Monday the 20th of March 623, the public execution of Jules Moche took place.

Guillotine

The crowd cheered and shouted in anger as the prosecutor mercilessly flayed the criminal for his crimes…

Guillotine

Guillotine

Guillotine

Spoiler

Guillotine

Guillotine

Arlintinian Guard

A preview of the Arlintinian Guards who will be introduced as soon as I recieve the custom torsos to build them.

After the deed was done, the townsfolk decided to have a statue of Jimmy built in the town center, so that everyone would remember the first Hero of Queenston.

----

This moc will be licenced for Queenston by me, as a medium art and cultural build. I originally tried to build a gallows, but I wasn't happy with how it turned out. So just for fun I made a Guillotine, I was quite happy with the design so I decided to use that instead. After the amount of figures I copy and pasted for the camp scene, it was really fun to experiment with the exaggerated minfigure posing on this build. It was also quite fun making decals for the Arlintinian Guards that will be introduced in the near future, as the protectors of Queenston and the Island of Arlintina.

Hope you enjoy:pir-huzzah2: 

Edited by Justsomebrix

Hey! Corries hang folk! That's Oleonic intellectual property! That tears it, get the Bonnie Prince in here. :pir_laugh2: Fine build. This is definitely one of my favorite guillotines here.

4 minutes ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Hey! Corries hang folk! That's Oleonic intellectual property! That tears it, get the Bonnie Prince in here. :pir_laugh2: Fine build. This is definitely one of my favorite guillotines here.

Take it as an appreciation of your culture :pir-huzzah1:

Well constructed scene of the impending execution. A great selection of minifigures. I like the uniform of the Arlintinian Guards. A sad story, the guy is rightly executed.

Good build, good story. 

My favourite fact about the guillotine is that the last time one was used was after the first star wars film was released.

20 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Good build, good story. 

My favourite fact about the guillotine is that the last time one was used was after the first star wars film was released.

It's official, there are no 'good' facts concerning guillotines...

Looks good! Love the guillotine most, simple yet "elegant" (as far as a Guillotine goes) design.

58 minutes ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

It's official, there are no 'good' facts concerning guillotines...

There's good facts, It works very good, that counts as a good fact to me! :P

On 3/21/2023 at 5:25 PM, NOD said:

Well constructed scene of the impending execution. A great selection of minifigures. I like the uniform of the Arlintinian Guards. A sad story, the guy is rightly executed.

Thank you! Can't wait for the custom torsos arrive so that I can make irl scenes with the Arlintinian Guards

22 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Good build, good story. 

That is quite a disturbing fact haha, although the electrical chair is still being used today which seems even worse to me:wacko:

1 hour ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

Looks good! Love the guillotine most, simple yet "elegant" (as far as a Guillotine goes) design.

Thank you for the kind words!