Now that Christmas has come and gone, and the same with the New Year, how's the locomotive coming along? 

On 12/23/2023 at 2:33 PM, Mjw061 said:

I am so excited to see this finished and build it myself!

And I love the support!

23 hours ago, Mattie305 said:

Now that Christmas has come and gone, and the same with the New Year, how's the locomotive coming along? 

Its progressing! I have wheels, stickers and custom rods/valve gear pieces being drafted or on their way to me. Lots of work to be done with trial runs, but it is coming together. Thank you for your continued interest!
53453587082_096ac7f56a_o.jpg

On 1/10/2024 at 4:14 AM, AbleChristopher said:

Its progressing! I have wheels, stickers and custom rods/valve gear pieces being drafted or on their way to me. Lots of work to be done with trial runs, but it is coming together. Thank you for your continued interest!
53453587082_096ac7f56a_o.jpg

Getting very close to becoming the Living LEGO Legend!

On 1/10/2024 at 1:02 AM, SD100 said:

That is looking great!

SD

20 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Getting very close to becoming the Living LEGO Legend!

Thank you both! Having this thing finished will be a bit of a dream come true. First draft of the walschaerts valve gear is running...a video is over on my flickr.

Edited by AbleChristopher

Hello Chris,

Just hoping in heres to wonder about the progress of the fine model. Or asking about if the instructions are ready to purchase.

On 2/9/2024 at 1:53 PM, Mattie305 said:

Hello Chris,

Just hoping in heres to wonder about the progress of the fine model. Or asking about if the instructions are ready to purchase.

In progress! Several elements of the locomotive are being rebuilt after the first trial run period. I am also decreasing the gear ratio from 3:1 to 1:1. Pilot truck, trailing truck, centipede tender, gear tower...all improved.

These extensive changes take time, but ensure that the final build will be a great runner and fun to build.

Thank you for your continued interest!

Edited by AbleChristopher

Hello again Chris,

Now that it has been over a month (almost @0 since the last update, has anything else changed in the model? Or are you happy enough with it to have instructions made and ready to go?