Sign in to follow this  
CaptainDarkNStormy

[MOC] Shipwreck Island Reimagined

Ahoy Mateys!

I originally built this bad boy over a year ago, but after designing a few more MOCs I determined that it needed some upgrades. I went back to work on improvements after completing my larger Forbidden Island MOC.

I hope y'all like it! :pir-huzzah2:

If you like it enough to build yourself the instructions are available on Rebrickable!

52753794150_84894d855e_z.jpg

52753631204_c1d7dea8ef_z.jpg

52753385141_6a9f153b2d_z.jpg

52752848902_1e8ffac701_z.jpg

My original version had a much grainier look to it. I wanted to smooth it out by adding more curves and angles to the beach.

51631655545_66977a98a8_z.jpg

51559851775_a1b1f47977_o_d.png

51559851730_9e51da7532_o_d.png

This is a nicely done redesign of the original, and I like the palm tree. Also, excellent photography.  :pir-thumb:

I love the water around the island, but I would like to know does the island fit on the original base plate?

8 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

This is a nicely done redesign of the original, and I like the palm tree. Also, excellent photography.  :pir-thumb:

Thanks! I’m glad the pics turned out great on a measly iPhone. The shutter malfunctioned on my DSLR (It’s old) so I need to find a place that can (hopefully) fix it.

8 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

I love the water around the island, but I would like to know does the island fit on the original base plate?

Water has kinda become my thing! I want to keep pushing boundaries. My next big MOC will have a waterfall!

Regarding this particular island, it’s 16 studs wide which would cover the entire baseplate of the original. In total my MOC (border included) is 16x16 studs.