Sign in to follow this  

Bought a BuWizz the other week, and now I can't stop experimenting with it...

Here's a little buggy I made with the lego buggy motor and a PF servo motor. The mission objective was to make it as rigid as possible.

Thus, the bodywork is designed to remain put when abused, and so aesthetics weren't my first concern.

On first testing outside, this thing is an absolute beast.

Waiting for the weather in the UK to become reliably good and then I'll get some killer videos

For more pictures, see my Bricksafe page: https://bricksafe.com/pages/Ender/buwizz-buggy

The front suspension uses the soft high travel suspension mechanism from my previous Dune Buggy MOC. I added those yellow 5l bars in order to make it look like something is happening, because the mechanism with the actual springs is highly concealed.

Suspension demonstration:

IMG_20230318_140522355.jpg

Will post an update soon!

Edited by EvilEnderman
added information

Haven't had any issues yet with gears skipping, but I do wonder how much power I lose through friction.

I've thought of rebuilding it, smaller, with the motor directly powering the driven axle, perhaps I could do a 4x4 with a buggy motor on the front and rear, with some sort of live axle suspension.

Would I need two BuWizz battery packs to get the most out of the two motors?

I hear they can trip overcurrent protection if you push them too hard...

Did some tinkering, and this is what I came up with.

IMG_20230319_043135580_HDR.jpg

A lot quicker, wheelspin on carpet on normal BuWizz speed. Now that I know this works better, I'll rethink the design tomorrow

Edited by EvilEnderman
build progress

This topic title is very confusing to me as the original Lego motors were called "Motor RC Race Buggy", Buwizz also has their "Buwizz Motor" which is a replica of a Buggy Motor and also Buggies in general... 🤯😵