Sign in to follow this  
Skalldyr

Eurobricks Event #16 Building Challenge

Hey there lovely Eventees!

not too long until we will finally see each other again in Billund and it is time for a event building challenge!
This year it will be: 
Build your own "Houses of the World" building in style of the recent LEGO GWP 40583.

So get creative and show us what you can come up with. It can be your own house, or another house of the town you live in, or a house you have been impressed by (just tell a good story about why this house is the one you choose).That way we also learn even more about each other. :wub:

The rules should be easy (if you have questions just ask) and as following:

Use LEGO to build a building in style of the LEGO "Houses of the World" GWP.
Keep it in roughly the same size as the model form LEGO. That means on a 12x10 studs base. (12 studs wide and 10 studs deep.)
It should have a 2 studs deep sidewalk and no overhang on each side. That way we can all put them togehter and have a cool street.
The house from LEGO has some nice interior. It is not needed but appreciated if you do the same.
A nice paper print out with some informations about the building would be nice too.

And most importantly - Have fun!

Here you find a reference of the actual set: https://brickset.com/sets/40583-1/

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRI9BAJLI-mmzfLqhdgn

All the best and see you soon in Billund :classic:

Thank you very much, Skalldyr for setting up this cool building contest.:thumbup:

I already have an idea of what to come up with. :grin:

Thanks for organizing, Skalldyr.
Looks like a fun challenge, and I'll try to get something built for it :thumbup:

Built my build. Going to make a little poster too. Is it ok that the front path is 3 studs? The actual building has a wide path...

10 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Built my build. Going to make a little poster too. Is it ok that the front path is 3 studs? The actual building has a wide path...

Yes of course! I am just happy for everyone that build something and had fun :classic:

I thought I'd just post picture of my contribution to this year's challenge here. Would be nice if others post their buildings as well. 

52852007337_2c98eb773a_z.jpg 52852977885_c9a4a8707b_z.jpg

Lastly, a big thank you to @Skalldyr for organizing this year's challenge and also to winning this year's challenge. 

Here is my entry:
It is a recreation of the Ravensburger Museum. The building is one of the oldest patrician houses in the city of Ravensburg and is protected as a cultural monument.

52872044719_8276ff78d0_c.jpgHouses of the World - Ravensburger Museum by Valentin, auf Flickr

52871871781_076dc5ba92_c.jpgHouses of the World - Ravensburger Museum by Valentin, auf Flickr

52872254690_196ca5e80b_c.jpgHouses of the World - Ravensburger Museum by Valentin, auf Flickr

52872044709_214bd771dc_c.jpgHouses of the World - Ravensburger Museum by Valentin, auf Flickr

It was a real pleasure to see all the beautiful builds at the event and I feel honored that I even won.

Terra Cotta Coffee House

overview.jpg

front.jpg

in.jpg

in2.jpg

It was super fun getting so see so many lovely houses in person, and learn more about each of you in the process :classic:
Thanks again for hosting @Skalldyr!