800x574.jpg

South Cothelstone Hall. Sometime later on the same day.

800x671.jpg

Our heroes Herlock Sholmes and Dr. Sonwat boldly approach the entrance.

(But they could be heroes just for one day....)

800x805.jpg

Dr. Sonwat: “Looks very peaceful to me.”

Sholmes (preparing to knock): “Looks can be deceiving.”

800x954.jpg

Voice from inside: “I hear you knocking but you can’t come in.”

Sholmes: “That’s not very friendly!”

Voice from inside: “Go back where you’ve been!”

Sholmes: “We are here by recommendation of Lord Rushinthought.”

(There is a pause, then the large door slowly opens. A man in a uniform appears.)

800x982.jpg

Dr. Sonwat: “Are you Dr. Thinkslow-Shootwell?”

Man in uniform: “No, I am the butler. My name is Liam Jeeves. Spelt Liam Jiamh.”

Sholmes: “Then you must be bad at spelling!”

Man in uniform: “What in insult! I am but of Celtic origin!”

800x1067.jpg

Dr. Sonwat: “Our apologies for that. We are here to meet Dr. Thinkslow-Shootwell.”

Man in uniform: “I will check whether he wants to accept guests at this time of day. Whom shall I announce?”

Dr. Sonwat: “Herlock Sholmes and Dr. Sonwat.”

Man in uniform (with a grin): “Airlock Shoumes?”

Sholmes: “No, it’s Herlock. Herlock Sholmes.”

(The door closes but after a few moments it is opened again and our two heroes are invited in to meet the Dr.. They are led upstairs into a small room in the tower of the building.)

800x694.jpg

Thinkslow-Shootwell: “You wanted to see me, Gentlemen?”

Sholmes: “Dr. Thinkslow-Shootwell?”

Thinkslow-Shootwell: “Yes.”

Sholmes: “I am Herlock Sholmes and this is my partner Dr. H. Sonwat. We have been asked by Lord Rushinthought to investigate the case of his stolen horse race money.”

Thinkslow-Shootwell: “I see”

Sholmes: “May we ask a few questions?”

Thinkslow-Shootwell: “Yes, sure.”

800x716.jpg

Sholmes: “I understand that you are part of the group that regularly meets at the ‘Crab and Lobster’”.

Thinkslow-Shootwell: “Yes. I am.”

Sholmes: “Where you present on the day when Lord Rushinthought came back from the horse races?”

Thinkslow-Shootwell: “Possibly. I do not quite remember every occasion.”

Dr. Sonwat: “And where you present when Lord Fortescue came by with the diamond he had bought for his wife?”

Thinkslow-Shootwell: “Also possible. But maybe more will become clear to you once you have seen what is in this room.” (opens a door)

800x756.jpg

Thinkslow-Shootwell: “After you, Gentlemen.”

(to be continued)

This episode's hidden song references:

Spoiler

... heroes just for one day.  - Heroes (David Bowie) 1977

"I hear you knocking but you can’t come in" - I Hear You Knocking (Dave Edmunds) 1972 (although there were earlier versions)

The storyline so far: (The Adventure of the Horse Race Money)

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7 (you are here)

Chapter 8

He has a suspicious looking face, for sure... and a gorgeous front entrance! :pir-laugh:

9 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

He has a suspicious looking face, for sure... and a gorgeous front entrance! :pir-laugh:

Everyone is suspicious here - but we can't go on together with suspicious minds :pir_laugh2:

Funny story, this time it really was a Celtic. :pir_laugh2:  At least no annoying peddlers come into the house with the friendly butler. I'm curious what's in the room.

What is behind the door? Herlock Sholmes is rightfully the best detective.

Many readers of the story are just curious and want to know what is behind the door. Are you just a reader of story or do you want to help Airlock Shoumes Herlock Sholmes?

There are many clues:

1. The description is precise. Someone who looked like Rushinthought and Fortescue came into the room in the presence of the butler and stole something without saying a word.

2. The thief wears brown boots and khaki pants.

3. The "Where Rich Men Meet" Club". That's the only thing Rushinthought and Fortescue have in common so far. Dr. Thinkslow-Shootwell was present too.

4. Dr. Thinkslow-Shootwell is at the Prelude. He certainly knows something. But who is the other person? Is it Dr. Thinkslow-Shootwell friendly butler? The person on the Prelude has light-colored hair. The butler has dark hair.

Edited by NOD

On 3/18/2023 at 8:03 PM, Fraunces said:

Maybe this butler has done it?

Butlers are at an all-time low :pir-laugh:

20 hours ago, NOD said:

What is behind the door? Herlock Sholmes is rightfully the best detective.

Many readers of the story are just curious and want to know what is behind the door. Are you just a reader of story or do you want to help Airlock Shoumes Herlock Sholmes?

There are many clues:

1. The description is precise. Someone who looked like Rushinthought and Fortescue came into the room in the presence of the butler and stole something without saying a word.

2. The thief wears brown boots and khaki pants.

3. The "Where Rich Men Meet" Club". That's the only thing Rushinthought and Fortescue have in common so far. Dr. Thinkslow-Shootwell was present too.

4. Dr. Thinkslow-Shootwell is at the Prelude. He certainly knows something. But who is the other person? Is it Dr. Thinkslow-Shootwell friendly butler? The person on the Prelude has light-colored hair. The butler has dark hair.

Maybe there is a dog behind the door?

You have really followed closely :pir-huzzah2: