Sign in to follow this  
MingBrick

[MOC] glass studio - my BDP submission

Hello everyone! I'm MingBrick.

I’d like to share with you my submission for Bricklink's Designer Program (BDP): glass studio

The BDP is currently in the voting stage. Your vote is highly appreciated! Thanks a lot.

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/series-1/344/glass-studio

2360424.94D532C4EDBEEC7E.jpeg

Where did the crystal clear glass objects in the town come from? And where did the artistic glass windows in the town come from? Let's walk into the glass studio to find out!

The glass studio was expanded from a dark red triangular building, and the expansion added a sales hall and a new workshop. In addition to admiring glass crafts, you might as well study the geometric art of the workshop building itself.

The first floor of the workshop is the sales hall, where sunlight shines on various glass products through the painted floor-to-ceiling windows. The glass staircase leading to the second floor on the left can be said to be the largest glass product. There is a washroom on the side of the stairs, and the wash basin is also made of glass. By the way, the lounge chair at the entrance of the studio is made of glass too.

Glass products are processed by 2 workshops located on the second floor. The warm dark-red room is a cold working workshop, where artists use painting, mosaic, cutting and other techniques to make glass art.
The cool light-aqua room is a workshop for thermal process, where artists melt glass, and then make hot glass into various handicrafts through molding, blowing and other techniques. The finished glass products being processed can be found next to the TV on the third floor.

The third floor of the workshop is the rest area for the employees. It is very pleasant to watch TV and drink tea. The terrace on the third floor has a water tower and glass skylights. A couple of squirrels seem to have found a place to store pine cones in a water tower.

2360426.E051421D0B344CD9.jpeg

2360428.1E24770EC941FA29.jpeg

2360430.46DED103D8540571.jpeg

2360432.E1A66A812E455849.jpeg

2360434.E11DC27D676F5276.jpeg

2360436.75C9AB37C0ABFC8A.jpeg

2360438.0415B12A90E148C6.jpeg

2360440.C7F22E63E69DFB03.jpeg

2360442.65BCBD2796B21C84.jpeg

Really nice job @MingBrick. Thanks for sharing. Lots of nice details.

I'm very interested in possible other ideas you have, so please share!

On 3/17/2023 at 4:32 PM, JopieK said:

Really nice job @MingBrick. Thanks for sharing. Lots of nice details.

I'm very interested in possible other ideas you have, so please share!

thanks, I'll upload my other moc

On 3/20/2023 at 8:46 AM, NewTown said:

I hope this becomes a set. Cool building techniques and a great overall aesthetic.

thanks

On 3/20/2023 at 9:26 AM, A_Forest_of_Lego said:

That looks amazing! I have a thing for transparent bricks, so I really love it! I voted and left you a comment! Would you like me to post it on Instagram?

thanks, I'd like to

9 hours ago, Silverhurst said:

Absolutely beautiful, especially that staircase. Are the window decals from an official set or custom printed?

they are custom stickers.

2 hours ago, Pirate_King_1982 said:

This beautiful build. I already voted for this along with two other Modular’s. If it makes it to crowdfund I’ll probably order a set.

thanks

This is lovely!
I love the light aqua facade and the fact that the left building is at an angle.
Internal details are great.
Also, glass studio is a very creative and original idea!
Would buy this in a second if it were a set.
Keep clicking those bricks together!

I already voted for your project during the first hour after it was published - and I think, it is by far the best of all the contributions!!

I really hope, it will bei made as a set!

On 3/22/2023 at 5:14 AM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wow, this is totally cool!

Insanely original idea...I love it! :wub_drool:

The rendered images are perfect for this specific theme! :thumbup:

thanks

On 3/24/2023 at 2:31 AM, Withacee said:

This is lovely!
I love the light aqua facade and the fact that the left building is at an angle.
Internal details are great.
Also, glass studio is a very creative and original idea!
Would buy this in a second if it were a set.
Keep clicking those bricks together!

thanks

On 3/25/2023 at 4:03 AM, franzal said:

I already voted for your project during the first hour after it was published - and I think, it is by far the best of all the contributions!!

I really hope, it will bei made as a set!

thanks

13 hours ago, A_Forest_of_Lego said:

I just posted it: https://www.instagram.com/p/CqO7syyN_Oc/

Let me know if you have an Instagram account and you would like me to add a link to your account.

thanks, I also follow you on instagram

https://instagram.com/mingbrick?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I don't use instagram much, so I don't have much content on my homepage

The idea of glass studio is an interesting choice for a business, and your modulars look very appealing. The color choices are perfect, bright but not too bold. You got my vote.