Sign in to follow this  
Justsomebrix

[COR - Red Coats Rule] Corrington Military Camp in Seawatch

Prior to launching their attack on the Lotii, the Corlander forces on El Oleonda had amassed near Seawatch.

The army had traveled to the island from the Corlander settlement of Spudkirk. Nearly 500 men in strength, the forces were a sight to behold. Regiments of light and heavy infantry, mounted hussars and dragoons, artillery, and sappers came together under the leadership of Brigadier Allcock.

Brigadier Allcock ( @Ayrlego ) was the overall commander of the forces, with support from Colonel Wolf ( @Brickwolf ), Major Brickford ( @LM71Blackbird ), Major Brickleton ( @evancelt ), and Lord Spud ( @Spud The Viking ).

Once the siege on Seawatch had been lifted, the commanders set about erecting a secure camp for the forces.

Positioned outside the walls of Seawatch proper, they had engineers and sappers construct a sturdy palisade wall around an area large enough for hundreds of tents. Large guard towers were placed near entrances.

Camp overview front

Camp overview

Camp officers

Liaison officers from Oleon, Eslandola, and Carno looked on the camp with envy - the amount of discipline shown by the Corlander forces was impressive. A good force to have as allies instead of enemies, to be sure.

Camp cannon view

Camp gate

Camp tower

The 47th Regiment of Foot "Ryebourg" Light Infantry drummers have all traded their drumsticks for a musket... The only sound we have to offer the Lotus is the sound of a thousand bullets piercing through their ranks.

Camp gate

The 26th of Foot "Hawarden Regiment" follow closely behind the 47th.

Officer of the 26th regiment

Camp mounted Officer

A company of regular light infantry are staying behind to secure the camp while they wait for the Carnite forces to relieve them.

Camp line infantry officer

Camp regular infantry

Camp trio

Camp trio

----

Started this build ceveral months ago as a collab with @lmcpicture, we had designed and built ceveral elements for the project, but life happened and we ended up forgetting the moc. 2 weeks ago I decided to build the moc, but I had to make it much smaller than we originally planned. I build all the landscape, placed all the buildings and minifigures. I used the wall, guard tower and tents (tents are available on rebrickable, I highly recommend you check them out) that lmcpictures designed. The cannons are modified versions of michaelozzie2 's design on instagram and the bulk of the story was written by Evancelt.

Hope you enjoy! 

This will serve as my third entry to the redcoats rule task

Edited by Justsomebrix

An impressive sight to behold! Well Done! The encampment is nicely structured and rows of Corrington's finest is always a welcome sight. Looks properly busy and those tents are awesome! A GOC :thumbup: from me!

Edited by LM71Blackbird

Impressive deployment of troops! :vader:  Very nice how the camp was built. I like the palisades, watchtowers and tents.

Respect for the amount of work to build such a camp and position so many soldiers.

This is a truly impressive display of Corrish strength on Oleonda. Well done!

Epic sense of might! I love those guard towers and NPU on that cannon design! Were you flirting with PC crashes I guess?

Great massive digital build! Love it! Sometimes it feels a bit too much repetition. My advice would be to let the minifigures be a little more unique, for example the pose: arms, legs, direction of view of the head. But overall, really cool build!

On 3/15/2023 at 9:56 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Yog ! 😳

Very impressive encampment !

The lotii are in quite a jam !

Indeed they are, but it was basically over for them as soon as our 3 Empires made an alliance.

On 3/15/2023 at 11:03 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

An impressive sight to behold! Well Done! The encampment is nicely structured and rows of Corrington's finest is always a welcome sight. Looks properly busy and those tents are awesome! A GOC :thumbup: from me!

Thank you very much! 

On 3/15/2023 at 11:14 PM, NOD said:

Impressive deployment of troops! :vader:  Very nice how the camp was built. I like the palisades, watchtowers and tents.

Respect for the amount of work to build such a camp and position so many soldiers.

:pir-huzzah2:

17 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

This is a truly impressive display of Corrish strength on Oleonda. Well done!

Now you better lead our troops to Victory!

14 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Epic sense of might! I love those guard towers and NPU on that cannon design! Were you flirting with PC crashes I guess?

My pc gave up so many times... if not I would have built much more and had mpre variation.

9 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Magnificent camp! I think these may be my favorite tents yet!

They really are the best I've seen brickbuilt, he made some larger designs as well because we originally wanted the scene to include larger tents for officer, cargo, planing etc

9 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Ah, nice work. Where do you park the horses when they're not in use?

900m to the right, passed a hundred more tents packed with soldiers armed to the teeth. Where's your camp again?:pir_tong2:

9 hours ago, Bricksbypidy said:

Great massive digital build! Love it! Sometimes it feels a bit too much repetition. My advice would be to let the minifigures be a little more unique, for example the pose: arms, legs, direction of view of the head. But overall, really cool build!

Thank you! And I totally agree with your points. On a smaller moc I would love to take my time playing with figure stances, as that's my favorite part when I build in real bricks. But with the hundreds of soldiers I included in this one, I must admit I lost motivation...

Even though it's a little repetitive, I still love the massiveness of this, the rows of tents are very cool to see and I like the different opening designs!