DMRR WOLFE

SANTA FE F9A YELLOWBONNET NEW TRAIN MOC

'Been busy designing a catalogue of EMD F-units so I haven't posted here in a while. Yes, plans will be coming soon!

You can check out my other F3 F7 And F9 MOCs on my Flickr photostream here: https://flic.kr/ps/3XxXXb 

Let know what you think of the design! 

THX!  

DMRR WOLFE

LEGO TRAIN MOC SANTA FE EMD F9 DMRR WOLFE 02LEGO TRAIN MOC SANTA FE EMD F9 DMRR WOLFE 06

LEGO TRAIN MOC SANTA FE EMD F9 DMRR WOLFE 07LEGO TRAIN MOC SANTA FE EMD F9 DMRR WOLFE 01

Edited by DMRR WOLFE

Looks very good. 8-wide is SO much better to achieve an accurately looking Santa Fe locomotive 🙌👍👌

Astounding! I love your post from Reddit with all your EMD. Great detail from lower parts and bogies to its iconic noses  

What wonders one can build with new parts and going 8-wide. Excellent F9A model. Do we get a full consist to go with it, or at least more pictures of the FT in the background?

Yes. Absolutely YES. This is how it should be. If this would be a Remake set, shut up and take my money.

Cant whait to see the classic Santa Fe colour version. 
Well done. Really.

Wow. I really like it. The shape is very well implemented, next level ;-)

Sure the Desgin also lives strongly from stickers, but I'm excited!

Thomas

Looks great, I love the sloped front which I have not seen before done like that. An interesting choice to use the standard LEGO buffer / coupling on the front instead of one og the old magnets or a Kadee-coupler.

It would've been cool to see you try to recreate some of the blue/yellow lines by building them instead of stickers.

But overall, a great model :D

I really really like the Canadian Pacific, we have one of those old coaches on display at a park in town, extremely accurate your model is. 

Saw the yellow, which reminded me of my Halo 3 armor color "Corral". The trains look good, like you have nature life among your tracks, too. I usually think any Train is a metro-type, honestly. Fancy that yours do not.

This is great. Only problem being that a number of the parts - looking at windows, especially - don't exist in these colors. You could probably fudge a lot of it by just doing another paint scheme/railroad, but, like, the little triangular side windows?...  would probably need to be reevaluated. I dunno why, but Lego is ridiculously stingy when it comes to clear pieces...

Edited by LordsofMedieval

Thanks for all your comments on my blue-bodied Yellowbonnet! It's all been very encouraging and I've really appreciated what you've had to say!!

I'm nearly finished my Santa Fe F-unit fleet and will be uploading my F7 Bluebonnet renders in a new post tomorrow.  

Cheers!