Sign in to follow this  
Keymonus

[OL-ATTACK] Far from glory

Jiangkai, El Oleonda, March 623

If the enemy know not where he will be attacked, he must prepare in every quarter, and so be everywhere weak.

Everyone knew that the plan was dangerous, but still the problem was turning down volunteers, not finding enough of them. The citizens of Jiangkai had seen their city invaded, sacked and destroyed, and they would have never allowed that again, at the cost of their lives. For sure, they would have never forgiven their former compatriots, responsible of both the forced evacuation of 620 and the raid of summer 622. They were the enemy, and now it was time for them to pay and to bleed!

As the main forces of the Royal Armies marched from Fort Arltrees to crush the Lotii forces outside Seawatch, a young officer of the Jiangkai Tirailleurs was authorised to harass the enemy supply lines and delay enemy reinforcements in any possible way. The forces available were not large, but they would have been sufficient to make the life of the Lotii army much more difficult!

Operation Pandora

Operation Pandora

Commander: Captain Guillaume Tiger Dupont. 
Born in the Eranos province, he spent several years on merchant ships, mostly in the Southern Seas. He later joined the infanterie de marine, serving in the Second Terraversan WarHe speaks fluently in Lotii and Monomonto, plus some words of the other Southern languages. He knows very well the Lotii culture, and often even quotes the texts of the Wu Cru. Respected by his men, he will soon be feared by the enemies!

Forces involved: a company of light infantry (1 platoon of colonial chasseurs, 2 platoons of Jiangkai tirailleurs), plus native guides. 30 soldiers in EGS terms.

Aims: harass enemy forces, block or delay supplies and reinforcements headed to Seawatch frontline, divert enemy troops to irrelevant areas.

Plan summary: the company will leave Jiangkai and head north-northeast, across the roads from Oryant and Luyang to Seawatch. Once there, the soldiers will start guerrilla operations against Lotii supply lines. The soldiers will avoid direct engagement enemy troops, and will instead ambush supply convoys, small units, messengers, etc. Moreover, they will interfere as much as possible with the enemy movements by placing obstacles on the roads, damaging bridges, and creating false trails and signals. The unit will move continuously, waging attacks in distant locations and occasionally sparing a vulnerable target, to create confusion about the area of operations. Significant increase of Lotii patrols would keep our soldiers out of some areas, but also divert forces from the garrisons and/or Seawatch front.

————————————-

OOC, a note for the GMs: this operation starts from Jiangkai (30 EGS soldiers involved) and is independent from the main attack, but it’s coordinated with the attacks in the Seawatch area. Please manage it as you think it’s better for the game dynamics.

@CapOnBOBS @Ross Fisher @Capt Wolf @Ayrlego @LM71Blackbird @Bregir @Garmadon @Professor Thaum

Edited by Keymonus

Nice minifigures! One should not mess with these guys...especially with that guy in the centre with that giant club.

Thanks! These days I can write more than I actually build, I planned something a little bigger to launch “my” part of the attack, but I’m glad you liked it!

On 3/13/2023 at 3:24 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Nice minifigures! One should not mess with these guys...especially with that guy in the centre with that giant club.

I’m happy you noticed! This is based on @Ross Fisher’s “Polynesian” culture of El Oleonda natives… I imagined that some of our chasseurs could appreciate a sturdy native weapon!

6 minutes ago, Keymonus said:

I’m happy you noticed! This is based on @Ross Fisher’s “Polynesian” culture of El Oleonda natives… I imagined that some of our chasseurs could appreciate a sturdy native weapon!

Nice! Then it's some kind of Totokia. Because of Star Wars i know them :pir_laugh2: