I always hoped that someday someone would build a model of what I consider the most beautiful North American steam locomotive - the Challenger in two-tone grey livery with smoke deflectors.
Very good work so far! I hope to see it in real bricks soon... :wink:

Edited by Sven J

Looks extremely nice, and very accurate! However, one very small nit-pick: as far as I'm aware there was never a connection door of any kind on the backside of Challenger's tender: It's a blank steel wall with the loco number, and a built-in headlight. If you look at pictures of Big Boy 4014 rebuilt, that should help you, as 4014 is using a renumbered oil-hauling Challenger tender until it's original Big Boy tender can be converted to oil firing. (which should happen this year or next)

BUT other than that, this is the gosh-darned best Challenger MOC I've ever seen. So kudos to you for a extremely accurate MOC!

10 hours ago, Sven J said:

I always hoped that someday someone would build a model of what I consider the most beautiful North American steam locomotive - the Challenger in two-tone grey livery with smoke deflectors.
Very good work so far! I hope to see it in real bricks soon... :wink:

Thanks! 

10 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Looks extremely nice, and very accurate! However, one very small nit-pick: as far as I'm aware there was never a connection door of any kind on the backside of Challenger's tender: It's a blank steel wall with the loco number, and a built-in headlight. If you look at pictures of Big Boy 4014 rebuilt, that should help you, as 4014 is using a renumbered oil-hauling Challenger tender until it's original Big Boy tender can be converted to oil firing. (which should happen this year or next)

BUT other than that, this is the gosh-darned best Challenger MOC I've ever seen. So kudos to you for a extremely accurate MOC!

yeah I know just want to add a new type/design for passenger wagons and look at some tenders from passenger trains and try to mimic them and made a little bit different tender for heavy passenger trains (possible). Maybe change to tender from Big boy with no doors and try to make the interior (maybe change some motors)
Love when you find ref, made a model and then find, afterwards, a better ref`s.
Thanks for refs and ideas !

I usually find these huge American locomotives a bit samey, but hey! I had no idea they came in gorgeous liveries like this. Absolutely amazing model, kudos!

Best paint scheme of any American locomotive ever!!!!  I've got an H0 scale FEF-3 and will hopefully one day have a LEGO one too in this scheme.  Great MOC!