800x574.jpg

Dr. Sonwat enters Quaker Street 9 ¾.

800x600.jpg

Dr. Sonwat enters Herlock Sholmes‘ living room: “Ah, I see you have resolved the mystery of the missing goat.”

Sholmes: “Yepp.”

Dr. Sonwat: “That’s goat.”

(Sorry for that bad pun. The author.)

800x600.jpg

Sholmes: “Let’s talk about our other case. I think we need to talk to the other two members of the “Where Rich Men Meet”-Club, a.k.a. “The Crab & Lobster”.

Dr. Sonwat: “Which one are we going to visit first? Dr. Thinkslow-Shootwell or Mr. Winterbottom?

Sholmes: “Let’s toss a coin.”

800x600.jpg

(Sonwat tosses a coin and it lands on the edge.)

Dr. Sonwat: “It’s one of these days…”

Sholmes: “And, of course, we should determine first what the two different sides will mean.”

Dr. Sonwat: “Ok, it’s heads for the Doctor and tails for the Mister.”

Sholmes: “And if the coin lands on the edge again we will go to that club to meet all of them. What kind of coin are you using anyway?”

Dr. Sonwat: “It’s a new gwuinee.”

Sholmes: “Ah, so it is worth 13 ½ pnence.”

Dr. Sonwat: “Precisely. And I’ve got lots of pnence at home that were sawn in two…”

(Sonwat tosses the coin and it shows heads. )

Dr. Sonwat: “Heads – so we head for the Doctor.”

Sholmes: “The game commences for the usual fees plus expenses.”

(Both get up and leave Quaker Street 9 ¾ )

800x600.jpg

Voice: “Vous Vous Vous.”

Dr. Sonwat: “Look who’s coming to see us – the Marquis!”

Sholmes: “Good to see you, my friend. I had expected you.”

Dr. Sonwat: “How come?”

Sholmes: “There is a poker tournament here in the city, starting next week.”

The Marquis:  (nods)

Sholmes: “Do you want me to look out for card cheats? Like when we caught Lesseriarty?”

The Marquis:  (nods)

Sholmes: Ok, will do.

800x1097.jpg

Dr. Sonwat: “We are just on our way to … " (to Sholmes) "wait a second, where does Lord Thinkslow-Shootwell actually live?”

Sholmes: “He has a mansion on a hill somewhere up Cliff Richard.”

800x561.jpg

Dr. Sonwat: “Atomic!”

Sholmes: “Elementary, my dear Sonwat.”

Dr. Sonwat: “Right.” (to the Marquis) “So, that’s where we’re going.”

Marquis: (nods and leaves)

Dr. Sonwat: “Fine chap. So well-mannered. But what is that?”

800x604.jpg

Sholmes: “Looks like our dog to me.”

Dr. Sonwat: “How did it appear so suddenly?”

Sholmes: “The dog was there the whole time, while we were talking to the Marquis. You look, Sonwat, but you don’t observe.”

Dr. Sonwat: “I see.”

Sholmes: “No, you don’t. That’s what I was saying.”

Dr. Sonwat: “We should call it Ernest.”

Sholmes: “Do you mean that in earnest?”

Dr. Sonwat: “Maybe. So, where and what is that mansion on a hill exactly?”

800x759.jpg

Sholmes: “South Cothelstone Hall? Not too far from here, actually.”

Dr. Sonwat: “And what will we find there?”

Sholmes: “This is what I will soon find out!”

(to be continued)

This episode's hidden song reference:

Spoiler

The game commences for the usual fees plus expenses - Dire Straits  "Private Investigations" (1982)

The storyline so far: (The Adventure of the Horse Race Money)

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6 (you are here)

Chapter 7

A goat!  That must have been a lucrative case! :pir-laugh:

Really cute little mansion on a hill.  And you got me with the dog too, I hadn't noticed it... I guess I'm just a dumb Dr. Sonwat.

9 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

800x600.jpg

I love the reference to Speedy's. London AFOLs used to meet in a pub behind the real version. 

3 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Ah, another doctor lives nearby! Good stuff. Glad to see the Marquis is still flush.

Well, in this storyline, if they are not Lords they have to be doctors at least.

42 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

A goat!  That must have been a lucrative case! :pir-laugh:

Really cute little mansion on a hill.  And you got me with the dog too, I hadn't noticed it... I guess I'm just a dumb Dr. Sonwat.

The goat has been safely stored away now :pir-laugh:

I have test readers for the story. And it tends to work out that people don't see the dog. :pir-grin:

The more difficult question is: what is the first name of Dr. Sonwat?

9 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

I love the reference to Speedy's. London AFOLs used to meet in a pub behind the real version. 

That's a nice detail :pir_laugh2:

So, I assume you went there too.

10 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Dr. Sonwat: “It’s a new gwuinee.”

Sholmes: “Ah, so it is worth 13 ½ pnence.”

Dr. Sonwat: “Precisely. And I’ve got lots of pnence at home that were sawn in two…”

Mwahahahahaha.

Clever street and nice micro house on the hill

1 hour ago, Professor Thaum said:

Mwahahahahaha.

Clever street and nice micro house on the hill

Thanks. You asked for it! :pir-grin:

Why does nobody comment on Cliff Richard?

2 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

The others are too young to know about him

Right. But this way they are missing a classic joke :pir-laugh:

3 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I saw the dog! :roflmao:

Congrats! :laugh:

16 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Sholmes: “Let’s toss a coin.”

Last time I played this with @Professor Thaum. "I win at heads, you lose at tails." :pir-grin:  When he noticed that I had cheated, I had to leave the room quickly.

Great story, I like Herlock Sholmes and Dr. Sonwat! :pir-wub: The part of the city looks great! :pir-love:  Beautiful buildings and a 9 ¾ street sign is available.

Edited by NOD

2 hours ago, NOD said:

Last time I played this with @Professor Thaum. "I win at heads, you lose at tails." :pir-grin:  When he noticed that I had cheated, I had to leave the room quickly.

Great story, I like Herlock Sholmes and Dr. Sonwat! :pir-wub: The part of the city looks great! :pir-love:  Beautiful buildings and a 9 ¾ street sign is available.

We used to have some Harry Potter sets. But they are extremely unpopular with us nowadays :pir-grin:

9 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

The more difficult question is: what is the first name of Dr. Sonwat?

Have you been leaving clues?  I just went over the whole story and I still don't know :laugh: Hans J. Sonwat? :tongue:

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

Have you been leaving clues?  I just went over the whole story and I still don't know :laugh:

I ask myself the same every time i spot a dog or a squirrel :pir_laugh2: Maybe the director of the local zoo is the criminal in this case :iamded_lol:

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

Have you been leaving clues?  I just went over the whole story and I still don't know :laugh: Hans J. Sonwat? :tongue:

Sorry for the confusion I caused. It is a question I have not yet answered myself. 

I cannot construct the first name for Dr. Sonwat in the way I "invented" the last name. "John" is just too short. "Nohj" won't do. 

Maybe his second name gives me a chance: Hamish. Hisham? Dr. Hisham J. Sonwat? :pir-laugh:

15 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I ask myself the same every time i spot a dog or a squirrel :pir_laugh2: Maybe the director of the local zoo is the criminal in this case :iamded_lol:

Squirrels are not an essential part of the storyline. They appear simply because I think they are great!

7 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I cannot construct the first name for Dr. Sonwat in the way I "invented" the last name. "John" is just too short. "Nohj" won't do. 

Maybe his second name gives me a chance: Hamish. Hisham? Dr. Hisham J. Sonwat? :pir-laugh:

Hans J. Sonwat?

5 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Hans J. Sonwat?

You are siding with Kai. But Hans is just the German version of the name. Johannes = John. Short form of Johannes in German = Hans.

I need to stick to how the names are created in this storyline.

Sonwat sounds somehow Asian. Hisham is a perfect match in this sense.

On 3/11/2023 at 7:27 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I assume you went there too.

Speedys was always closed when I went to the pub. It's looking a bit scraggly now...

On 3/10/2023 at 10:20 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

We should call it Ernest.”

Sholmes: “Do you mean that in earnest?”

This is so wrong , lol 

It’s tragic I had to miss some of the references, like ‘speedy’s’, luckily there are always the comments. Always enjoy your stuff. 

Do you write the stories in advance or do you go about along the way? 

19 minutes ago, Fraunces said:

This is so wrong , lol 

It’s tragic I had to miss some of the references, like ‘speedy’s’, luckily there are always the comments. Always enjoy your stuff. 

Do you write the stories in advance or do you go about along the way? 

Speedys is from the BBC series Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman.

The whole building is a reference to that series.

The plot of the storyline was developed before the first episode started. Meanwhile "principal photography" is also completed and the next chapters are basically written. Might change a sentence or so.

With earlier storylines I was more adventurous, but for a detective story you have to know what comes next :pir-grin:

And there is always Oscar Wilde: the importance of being Ernest!

:roflmao: I knew I liked that dog! :iamded_lol:  Also, glad to see the Marquis making his appearance!  As others have mentioned, that 9 3/4 sign is fantastic, and the goat and new gwuinee (as someone who had to arrange those in a pile of gold in close quarters I can affirm that when those land (quite often :grin: :laugh:) on their edges it is indeed one of 'those days' :rofl:) are hilarious!  Can't wait to see where this story's going! :pir-huzzah2:

11 hours ago, Garmadon said:

:roflmao: I knew I liked that dog! :iamded_lol:  Also, glad to see the Marquis making his appearance!  As others have mentioned, that 9 3/4 sign is fantastic, and the goat and new gwuinee (as someone who had to arrange those in a pile of gold in close quarters I can affirm that when those land (quite often :grin: :laugh:) on their edges it is indeed one of 'those days' :rofl:) are hilarious!  Can't wait to see where this story's going! :pir-huzzah2:

The 9 3/4 sign is from the 2001 Hogwarts Express, https://brickset.com/sets/4708-1/Hogwarts-Express

And the Marquis is as eloquent as ever :pir-grin: