Berthil

[MOC] Hanging Temple of the Big Foot Buddha

Hanging Temple of the Big Foot Buddha. Johnny Thunder has acquired a treasure map to get to the temple. But when discovered, the bridge crossing drops and the dragon awakes. 

Meanwhile Baron von Barron has crashed his Bi-wing plane in the gulch. What else to expect from a pilot with a hook as hand and a monocle. Although he was there first! 

52738456764_5d693a3782_b.jpg

The video shows the dropping of the bridge (via PoweredUp) and more details;

For 20 Years LowLUG competition.

Edited by Berthil
typos

Blimey, this is fantastic!

It really captures the spirit of the theme and characters, with excellent details and techniques to modernise and build up the scale.

Cheers for sharing this beauty, :sweet:

ps you might want to keep your eyes peeled, this is a jubilee year for Johnny Thunder and Co. An event I will not let pass without something to celebrate. 

This is incredible! I just started this account due to my search for adventurers johnny thunder merch items to buy.

Wow, that is astonishing! I love the detail on the temple and the colours you've used. It's beautiful.

I always loved adventurers theme! This is a fantastic MOC, as well as the story that goes with it. :pir-laugh:

The mountain's scale and volume captures my imagination! Side benefit of the mountain's flat, back side which allows for better displaying against a wall backdrop too although that was probably forced by the contest rules. Overall, just a gorgeous contest entry and I wish you a top placement for your efforts.

Thank you all! Indeed contest rules limited the baseplate to 48 x 48. By placing the gulch diagonal over the baseplate I got more room for the mountain and temple but building all rocks under an angle on the baseplate wasn't easy. Happy with how it turned out.

I love how ornate the building is.