Sign in to follow this  
Taohe Netrus

Good news for BIONICLE fans

Last 5 years weren't too good for BIONICLE fandom. BIONICLE G2 has been cancelled after barely 2 years, without even a Makuta set, year later, LEGO stopped producing technic action figures completly. BIONICLE 20th anniversary has been completly ignored. Even after BIONICLE won the 90th anniversary voting, it's the only from 4 winning series which didn't received any normal set. Two LEGO Ideas projects has been rejected after reaching 10k. The only good thing (exept many stickers in various sets) was a GWP set with Tahu and Takua but getting it wasn't too easy because of very specific conditions.

But yesterday, Christian Faber, the father of BIONICLE himself, uploated on his YT channel a video where he encourages us- Bio fans- to vote on Toa Head Statue LEGO Ideas project. THS has already 8708 votes, Staff Pick badge and Faber's support so this project is really likely to not be rejected by LEGO, unlike the prievous two: Sokoda's diorama and GSR.

The only problem is that we have only 25 days to provide missing 1292 votes so if you still didn't gave it a chance, now it's time ;)

Link:
Let's make this Bionicle Tribute happen! - YouTube

1 hour ago, Taohe Netrus said:

But yesterday, Christian Faber, the father of BIONICLE himself, uploated on his YT channel a video where he encourages us- Bio fans- to vote on Toa Head Statue LEGO Ideas project. THS has already 8708 votes, Staff Pick badge and Faber's support so this project is really likely to not be rejected by LEGO, unlike the prievous two: Sokoda's diorama and GSR.

IDEAS staff and the panels are different people. Being a staff pick does not mean an idea won't be rejected. Many staff picks that made it to 10K have been rejected.

Yeah, I'm fully aware of it. Still, it's our best shot so far if you'll look at whole atmosphere around this project. Even if LEGO will reject it as every prievous projects, it won't change the fact that BIONICLE fandom has a Bio-themed project in review stage third year in a row ;)

We need to keep being in the spotlight if we want to ever see a G3, no matter if as a prequel, sequel, far sequel or another reboot

A head statue?

Bionicle fans deserve better than a tribute IMO. I think they deserve a deluxe Bionicle set. I am convinced someone can design an absolutely badass Bionicle figure made from modern system and Technic parts. Because I've seen them already.

And yes, I'm very aware of the recent GWP, and that does not hit the mark. I said deluxe.

I was thinking something at least as good as this but with a brick built mask which I think is doable.

14 hours ago, Taohe Netrus said:

Last 5 years weren't too good for BIONICLE fandom. BIONICLE G2 has been cancelled after barely 2 years, without even a Makuta set, year later, LEGO stopped producing technic action figures completly. BIONICLE 20th anniversary has been completly ignored. Even after BIONICLE won the 90th anniversary voting, it's the only from 4 winning series which didn't received any normal set. Two LEGO Ideas projects has been rejected after reaching 10k. The only good thing (exept many stickers in various sets) was a GWP set with Tahu and Takua but getting it wasn't too easy because of very specific conditions.

The only problem is that we have only 25 days to provide missing 1292 votes so if you still didn't gave it a chance, now it's time ;)

Link:
Let's make this Bionicle Tribute happen! - YouTube

I have already supported and commented!