Holodoc

EB Event 2023 information topic

On 3/24/2023 at 1:03 PM, Jim said:

Rejected.

If only we had a youtube channel with a few thousand followers, that's the threshold these days:tongue:

Is there any thought to seeking out one of the re-sale shops in Billund? I hear tell of places where people sell on their unwanted LEGO products. 

Of course, if it turns out that these are not as great as in the past, then no worries. 

On 3/25/2023 at 6:32 PM, Ecclesiastes said:

If only we had a youtube channel with a few thousand followers, that's the threshold these days:tongue:

That would be helpful, but I do think the rules are pretty much the same for all fan media. I do have a meeting planned with someone from TLG during the event to talk about EB and related stuff.

14 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Is there any thought to seeking out one of the re-sale shops in Billund? I hear tell of places where people sell on their unwanted LEGO products. 

Of course, if it turns out that these are not as great as in the past, then no worries. 

The second hand store? I think some of us visited it last time. Not sure if it's good or not.

I recall one being on Vejlevej. But weren't there rumours it is already closed again? :look:

On 3/24/2023 at 2:10 PM, Skalldyr said:

And hanging out together in the evening is always cool. We still don't have a meeting room though, right?

Maybe someone staying at a different Hotel could ask there if they have a room we could get/rent.

Asking for a room in a hotel ist mostly cost-intensive.
I think we either use the meeting room at the village regardless if someone stays there (by the way: Does anyone actually plan his/her stay at the village?) :devil: or we have to use the room at Lalandia -> our own chalet. :def_shrug:

Yes, me and my two kids are staying at the Legoland Village, in Vilderness Cabins. Maybe this could help with getting access to some common rooms? Cabin itself is not that big (35m2).

I'll be working during the week so mainly joining in the evenings and over the weekend.

I'm happy to provide polybags for some sort of challenge. Whether that be a build in a bag, blind build, team build, etc.
I also have some series 20 CMFs that can be small prizes :classic:

I am planning to bring a beamer to the event. :blush:
We can use it:

- to show your own collection at home or the projects you have been working on the last (Corona) years. Please bring a USB-stick with your photos then

- to illustrate some "how-to's" on the web. May it be Eurobricks or Bricklink, or whatever website you always wanted to know about and didn't dare to ask (or had noone to ask for...)

More ideas what to use it for?

On 4/3/2023 at 8:35 PM, soccerkid6 said:

I'm happy to provide polybags for some sort of challenge. Whether that be a build in a bag, blind build, team build, etc.
I also have some series 20 CMFs that can be small prizes :classic:

Sorry, I din't reply to your offer: YES, pease! Bring all you have! :devil: You can set up a challenge of your choice as well.

On 3/8/2023 at 11:45 AM, Holodoc said:

Thursday: LEGO House. Meeting point 10 o'clock at the main entrance.

I am sorry, that I did not catch this mistake earlier. On Thursday I have secured access to the Idea House. LEGO House is not the Idea House:

LEGO House: This is the activity center, which is open for the public and recommended for families with small children, as there are a lot of play activities for children aged 5-12 years old.

Idea House: This is the "secret" museum only available for LEGO employees and special guests. This is the place I have been able to give us access to on Thursday 10-12.

On 4/20/2023 at 1:23 PM, Holodoc said:

-

Sorry, I din't reply to your offer: YES, pease! Bring all you have! :devil: You can set up a challenge of your choice as well.

Will do :thumbup:

Thanks for an excellent event everyone involved in setting stuff up and making plans. See you all next time :grin:

17 hours ago, Redhead1982 said:

Thanks for another fun event and :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:to the organizers @Holodoc, @Skalldyr and @Jim and everyone contributing to the prize pool. Till next time!

Thanks. I will try to prepare prizes for next contest. It wasn't much, but better than nothing. 

Thanks everyone for a super fun time, and especially the organizers for setting up the event :excited:

It was great to spend time with some familiar faces and meet so many more for the first time :sweet: