Guybrush

[MOC] UCS Cloud Car

Well it took me almost 14 years but I finally finished the least interesting vehicle in Star Wars!

It is red instead of orange, which is unfortunate but unavoidable. And it has hotdogs on it. That was avoidable, but preferred.

There is no windscreen that suits this thing, so I used the closest thing I could and as a result is a windscreen that's a little too tall.

More pics are here if interested. Thanks and see you in another 14 years!

cc00.jpg

cc04.jpg

cc10.jpg

cc01.jpg

Edited by Guybrush

Oh my godness. Guybrush is back.

For what I can only assume HAS to be the longest gap between posts for a eurobricks user, you've sure made an impression with your return. This is an excellent UCS model, and a very unique idea. You've captured the shaping very well.

Guybrush aka Gareth made tons of UCS models for FBTB back in the day. His UCS Y-wing version 2 was the best UCS Y-wing out there for years. It's great to see you back, and the UCS cloud car is amazing!

You have turned the "least interesting" (I personally love the Cloud Car's funky bubble design) into one of the most interesting UCS Lego SW sets ever! So beautiful and I would totally buy it off the shelve! Great dedication!

17 hours ago, icm said:

Guybrush aka Gareth made tons of UCS models for FBTB back in the day

Damn I must have seen some his content when I lurked there as long as 18 years ago *oh2*. Welcome back to EB and thanks for sharing your model! The way you made the central radiator (?) section out of those ladders is really neat.

I think calling this the "least interesting" vehicle is slightly unfair but, whatever the case, this is a wonderful rendition.

I had to log in to comment (I've been lurking). Welcome back!

Another superb model! Those windscreens look brand new.

Also, I still love your gunship over the official one. 

On 3/5/2023 at 4:24 PM, Anio said:

Oh my godness. Guybrush is back.

I'm not! :D No other projects. Just this. Ever since I moved the collection has been mostly in the closet. I had the basic idea for this (the nose section with the wedges) way back around the time I last posted something, but the long ones weren't available in red, so I packed it away, and then I had to pack everything up for the move, and suddenly it was 14 years later. My nephew came for a visit so we dug the collection out and had a blast with it, and that's what made me decide to dust this idea off again.

On 3/5/2023 at 7:06 PM, Kage Goomba said:

Holy Crap...this is gorgeous....very nicely done!

Thank you thank you! You're all very kind to someone who disappeared for so long :D

On 3/5/2023 at 9:59 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

For what I can only assume HAS to be the longest gap between posts for a eurobricks user, you've sure made an impression with your return. This is an excellent UCS model, and a very unique idea. You've captured the shaping very well.

Thank you, thank you! The shaping was definitely the focus. It's something I was never very happy with back in the day but now there's so many new curvy bits!

On 3/6/2023 at 12:55 AM, icm said:

Guybrush aka Gareth made tons of UCS models for FBTB back in the day. His UCS Y-wing version 2 was the best UCS Y-wing out there for years. It's great to see you back, and the UCS cloud car is amazing!

Thank you! The stuff the community has been putting out since then makes my stuff look super old and dated. It's kind of crazy how far it's come :D

On 3/6/2023 at 2:47 AM, TeddytheSpoon said:

This is mega.

Thank you!

On 3/6/2023 at 7:07 AM, Brickshipyard said:

You have turned the "least interesting" (I personally love the Cloud Car's funky bubble design) into one of the most interesting UCS Lego SW sets ever! So beautiful and I would totally buy it off the shelve! Great dedication!

Oh, it's still pretty dull! Just two blobs. Would have been more fun to build with more details. Maybe. Thank you though!

23 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Damn I must have seen some his content when I lurked there as long as 18 years ago *oh2*. Welcome back to EB and thanks for sharing your model! The way you made the central radiator (?) section out of those ladders is really neat.

I think calling this the "least interesting" vehicle is slightly unfair but, whatever the case, this is a wonderful rendition.

Thank you! I'm particularly proud of those radiator parts, or whatever they're supposed to be! It was a fun challenge building them into the central box thingy.

21 hours ago, Smitty500 said:

I had to log in to comment (I've been lurking). Welcome back!

Another superb model! Those windscreens look brand new.

Also, I still love your gunship over the official one. 

Thank you! I dunno man, the official gunship looks pretty solid to me :D. The windscreens are this part turned sideways and half buried in the body: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=62694#T=C Also, fun fact! There's a variant of that part that bricklink hasn't recorded. Some of them have additional detail molded into the inside of the glass in the form of a textured frame. One of the windscreens I got had it and one didn't!

9 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

This looks amazing! Well done. 

Thank you thank you!

Wanted to ask, I've only just noticed the brickshelf gallery is not publically viewable. That just means its waiting moderation? It's been a while since I uploaded anything there :D Should I post more pics or just wait?

On 3/7/2023 at 7:38 PM, Guybrush said:

Thank you! I dunno man, the official gunship looks pretty solid to me :D. The windscreens are this part turned sideways and half buried in the body: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=62694#T=C Also, fun fact! There's a variant of that part that bricklink hasn't recorded. Some of them have additional detail molded into the inside of the glass in the form of a textured frame. One of the windscreens I got had it and one didn't!

Wanted to ask, I've only just noticed the brickshelf gallery is not publically viewable. That just means its waiting moderation? It's been a while since I uploaded anything there :D Should I post more pics or just wait?

True.. I just always admired yours! 

Very cool! its such an odd windscreen to begin with. Neat to see it implemented well into a Star Wars build.

Post more! Who knows long they'll take. 

On 3/9/2023 at 11:19 PM, Smitty500 said:

True.. I just always admired yours! 

Very cool! its such an odd windscreen to begin with. Neat to see it implemented well into a Star Wars build.

Post more! Who knows long they'll take. 

The other windscreen option was to do the same thing with the old school minifig-scale xwing cockpit, which is arguably a more accurate size, but always looked too small and gave me no room to build an interior. I could have scaled the whole thing down a little to accomodate them, but then the central box would be way too big unless I stopped using the window bar trick for the side pipes, and I definitely wanted to keep that.

Ironically it looks like brickshelf finally moderated it while we were talking :D

Wow! I never thought I'd see you around again. I built your UCS TIE Bomber years ago. 

As for the Cloud Car. Great work as always. You still have it. LOL!

Nice to see you back.

I'm late to the party but great work! I love me some Star Wars background vehicles so I love the Cloud Car, I even own three 7119 ones.

On 3/26/2023 at 12:26 PM, jiam0507 said:

Love it, especially the use of bars and windows, quite a good idea.

Thank you! I was super excited to do the trick with the bars in the central body. I was kind of hoping people would be a little more stumped how that works but I guess I should have known better :D

On 3/26/2023 at 2:00 PM, jamie75 said:

Wow! I never thought I'd see you around again. I built your UCS TIE Bomber years ago. 

As for the Cloud Car. Great work as always. You still have it. LOL!

Nice to see you back.

Man that takes me back! I don't even have pics of that old thing.

On 4/4/2023 at 6:05 AM, Big_Daddy said:

I'm late to the party but great work! I love me some Star Wars background vehicles so I love the Cloud Car, I even own three 7119 ones.

That takes me back too! Is that still the only cloud car set?

7 hours ago, Guybrush said:

That takes me back too! Is that still the only cloud car set?

Yes it is, although set number 75222 (betrayal at Cloud City) also contained a system scaled one. Set was way too expensive though and I had other things than Lego on my mind at the time, so I can't really say if it's good.

Absolutely marvellous cloud car, very well done! It's a long shot, but would there be instructions available for this little beauty?