Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

Two years of independence for the Commonwealth

2 years after the Terraversan wars, Grand Admiral L'Olius, now statholder of the Commonwealth of Terraversa, is giving his "state of the Commonwealth" address. From the balcony of the Westface Government Hall, formerly the city hall, his booming quarterdeck voice rings out across the so-called "Mardierian stairs" to the crowds assembled there and in the main square.

52712373307_8ca54d4cb2_b.jpg

The two years have brought peace, and the initial investment on agriculture have ensured that none have gone hungry. Trade has not boomed as much as hoped, and Corrington have been heavily invested in renewed wars with the Lotus, and not able to support the fledgling nation as much as hoped. However, L'Olius has big plans...

52712373197_836b1b426f_b.jpg

Amongst the crowd, Captain Cooke and Consul Montoya, still held up in Westface, are listening to the speech, reflecting on Corrington's limited involvement in the new nation. Both painfully aware that Corrington has not offered the assistance they had both wished for...

52713157309_d0ed0a0a36_b.jpg2 years of independence by Christian West, on Flickr

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This will be licensed by the Commonwealth of Terraversa as a large cultural building. It's been in the works for a long time, but any feedback is more than welcome.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A few sources to the back story of this build:

NB: There are plenty of other builds related to this story, and a little digging around will find you a very interesting series of events.

Oh very nice! Lovely build and the staircase is inspired! 

Don't forget to thank the Good King Philip for permitting independence!

Great build @Bregir! Love seeing it made public and seeing WIP shots for so long!

The staircase and wonderful building colors are highlights for me

A very nicely built district. I like the staircase with the fountain to the Government Hall. Another interesting detail is the security guards on the rooftop watching the crowd.

A link to the history would be good. Because I forgot again who Grand Admiral L'Olius is. This would also be interesting for new members.

As someone who joined late and doesn't know the history :pir_laugh2: i can only appreciate the architecture and the scene as a whole. It's a great scene and a great shot from the bottom of the stairs! The guards overlooking the crowd from the roof is a nice detail.

(C'mon snipers!  Where are you?)

Oh, and a great build as well.  The terraced staircase is gorgeous.

Beautiful town center with s good variety of minifigs. The main building looks especially lovely. Good job ! These longer projects of yours never disappoint!

I wonder how long it will take of L'Olius to see how much better an alliance with likeminded SeaRats would benefit much more than those imperial redcoats.. Some gifts of the trade family Fraunces are on the way. .  .

Ok, that staircase is just beautiful. :pir-love:

And the rest of the build looks quite nice too.

Love the fiddlers on the roof. Wait. Those aren't fiddles. :pir-grin:

Thank you all for the feedback. I hope I can find time to respond more in details, but for now, I wanted to add some links to the history leading up to the independence of the Commonwealth of Terraversa.

Excellent build! I really like how it is both confined and extravagant at the same time (difficult to explain - I know :pir_tong2: ). The stairs are epic and so is the rest of the town! Cheers to enlarging it!

I saw this awesome build on Flickr, but I lost it in our forum… I found it thanks to the new embassy! What really steals the scene is the curved shape of the stairs,  well done!

Great details in every little corner of the build. Obviously the stairs are unmatched. The story and moment captured are great lore and super appropriate given the "troubles" the island has gone through. 

There's little to add to what the others have said: but what an amazing staircase! I just love how they snake their way upwards around the fountain and the planters.

It's a great scene overall and I also very much like the "backdrop" buildings you've added next to the palace, to make it look like a really dense city center.