Sign in to follow this  
MBricks

[MOC] Pirate Snubfighter

I think that the third season of The Mandalorian is off to a good start. I really enjoyed the starfighter battle sequence and decided to build one of the fighters piloted by Gorian Shard's crew. Getting a good look at those ships was really difficult, as they were basically no static shots. I found a really nice fan made render by Kim Murzin, so I based most of my moc off of that. 

I hope we get some better pictures of the ship soon and I'm also looking forward to the official Lego version. 

52724221653_46f9875139_b.jpgPirate snubfighter moc by MBricks, on Flickr

52724002404_2a1ff6d168_b.jpgPirate snubfighter moc by MBricks, on Flickr

Let me know what you all think of my moc, and any improvements that could be made. 

Right, the scene was asking for such a MOC and Murzins Rendering is also a nice find. You did a good job with the ship. Only point would be too add two studs and to increase the length of the windscreen. Otherwise there is nothing big to improve, for that scale the shaping is done very well. 
If I would build your ship I would extend it with two studs and I would use for the front Slope, Curved 1 x 1 x 2/3 Double, part nr. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=49307#T=C

and don't be disappointed, sometimes on weekends people are not so much motivated to comment, it also took two days for me.

Very nicely done but also thoroughly disappointing.

Disappointing because now I can see what the ship actually looks like, it means the show hasn't just made R-41 Starchasers canon after all... which was what I excitedly thought they were during the episode :pirate-sad

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

7 hours ago, Mr Ogel said:

Right, the scene was asking for such a MOC and Murzins Rendering is also a nice find. You did a good job with the ship. Only point would be too add two studs and to increase the length of the windscreen. Otherwise there is nothing big to improve, for that scale the shaping is done very well. 
If I would build your ship I would extend it with two studs and I would use for the front Slope, Curved 1 x 1 x 2/3 Double, part nr. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=49307#T=C

and don't be disappointed, sometimes on weekends people are not so much motivated to comment, it also took two days for me.

Thanks for the feedback! I actually tried using that piece for the front originally, but I felt it was too bulky. I totally agree about the windscreen, though. I'm curious to see what windscreen the official set ends up using. As nice as that render is, I just figured out that it was based on the footage of the trailer and is no longer accurate. The end credits of the episode featured still shots of the ship, so I'll have to make a second version. 

2 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Very nicely done but also thoroughly disappointing.

Disappointing because now I can see what the ship actually looks like, it means the show hasn't just made R-41 Starchasers canon after all... which was what I excitedly thought they were during the episode :pirate-sad

Thanks, hopefully the starchaser will pop up in something sooner or later. 

16 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The front is better than the official set.

Agreed. It's also more compact, in scale and accurate than the official one. Great job.

Your Snub fighter rendition is quite nice and compact! I would be buying a dozen if Lego used this design. Sadly, Lego's Snub fighter just doesn't look as good.

On 3/7/2023 at 11:07 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

The front is better than the official set.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Brickshipyard said:

Your Snub fighter rendition is quite nice and compact! I would be buying a dozen if Lego used this design. Sadly, Lego's Snub fighter just doesn't look as good.

I'm not a huge fan of their choice of cockpit piece, but it is cool to get that piece in a new color. 

8 hours ago, PaulPrime said:

Agreed. It's also more compact, in scale and accurate than the official one. Great job.

Thank you! 

Nice little model. If ever there was a ship ripe for being a MINI it’s this one. Best get cracking.